Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steveo3140

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
I am at a lost right now. I bought a base model mac mini, the new one. I noticed I made a mistake, and I want to buy the mid level mac mini, but I can not get any help with it. I want to take it in to the apple store and have the mac mini process for a refund, and by the model up, but I can not get answers from my store. I tried to call them, and ask if they have any in, and they thought I was talking about the ipad mini, and kept on telling me that it is on preorder right now.
I couldn't figure it out with them, and so I just told them have a good day, and talked to the chat people. They were even worse! I tried telling them what I wanted, and they were for certain that there was no way I had the new Mac mini already, so I just closed the chat.
I dont want to go up to the apple store and them not having any new mid level mac mini's in, and not having a computer for a lil while.
What should I do? Can somebody else try to call them for me? Or again what should I DO!?
Thanks Everybody for your response !

:) :) :)

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Apple has a 14 day return policy, with no questions asked. You can return any Mac you purchase within that time period for a refund. Then you can buy any other model you want.

steveo3140

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
Apple has a 14 day return policy, with no questions asked. You can return any Mac you purchase within that time period for a refund. Then you can buy any other model you want.
I know that, thanks, but once I called them and ask if they had any new mac mini models in. They thought I was talking about the ipad mini, and said they are on preorder still. I am wanting to switch them out before I get to deep into this mac mini, and I cant afford any down time. I am looking for a solution.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I know that, thanks, but once I called them and ask if they had any new mac mini models in. They thought I was talking about the ipad mini, and said they are on preorder still. I am wanting to switch them out before I get to deep into this mac mini, and I cant afford any down time. I am looking for a solution.
So call and ask if they have the model you want in stock. If they do, go to the store and swap them. If not, call another store or call Apple to swap them out.

steveo3140

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
So call and ask if they have the model you want in stock. If they do, go to the store and swap them. If not, call another store or call Apple to swap them out.
I already called them, and like I said they thought I was talking about the ipad mini the whole time, and I couldn't get through with them. I am still looking for a solution!
Thanks!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I already called them, and like I said they thought I was talking about the ipad mini the whole time, and I couldn't get through with them. I am still looking for a solution!
Thanks!
You're not going to find a "solution" here. Call the store again and tell them you're talking about a "Mac mini", not an "iPad mini". There is nothing anyone in this forum can do for you. You have to call Apple or call or visit an Apple store.

mdgolom

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2006
Have you checked the inventory of the mid-level online in the store? Go to the Online Apple store, select the mid level mini and add to your cart. You should see the option for pick up in store. I just checked my area and pretty much everyone has them in.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
I am at a lost right now. I bought a base model mac mini, the new one. I noticed I made a mistake, and I want to buy the mid level mac mini, but I can not get any help with it. I want to take it in to the apple store and have the mac mini process for a refund, and by the model up, but I can not get answers from my store. I tried to call them, and ask if they have any in, and they thought I was talking about the ipad mini, and kept on telling me that it is on preorder right now.
I couldn't figure it out with them, and so I just told them have a good day, and talked to the chat people. They were even worse! I tried telling them what I wanted, and they were for certain that there was no way I had the new Mac mini already, so I just closed the chat.
I dont want to go up to the apple store and them not having any new mid level mac mini's in, and not having a computer for a lil while.
What should I do? Can somebody else try to call them for me? Or again what should I DO!?
Thanks Everybody for your response !

:) :) :)

mate, maybe its fate. do you really need the mid machine?

i keep trying to persuade myself that buying the mid level or even the 2.6 i7
but everyone keeps saying for gaming and general use i wont notice a lot of difference and best to save the money.

Bierboy

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
East Moline, Ill.
Have you checked the inventory of the mid-level online in the store? Go to the Online Apple store, select the mid level mini and add to your cart. You should see the option for pick up in store. I just checked my area and pretty much everyone has them in.

If you select the fusion drive, the pickup option is not available....anywhere.

hipnetic

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2010
Go to Apple.com and add the model you want to your cart. On the checkout screen, you can see the exact model #. Write that down, then call the store and ask them to look up that model # and tell you if they have any in stock. If you have the funds available, you may also be able to purchase it for pick-up in store, so that it will get held for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.