Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
I can't decide what to get my kids for their main Christmas gifts. They both have their own full size iPads and the love them. In our most recent car purchase we opted against the built in DVD since we don't buy DVD's anymore. We have been bringing our iPads in the car but obviously they are a projectile risk. In addition, it's heavy to bring 3 iPads everywhere we go. DS2 is young and the size of the iPad 2 is a little much for him. He has trouble holding it up when he's laying down etc.

That said... I think I want to get DS1 an iPod touch 5th generation so he can use it in the car. It's less of a projectile risk since it only weighs as much as 18 sheets of paper... And it would be easier for taking places. Plus he has also expressed interest in listening to music so it would fun for him to carry it around while he listens to music.

For DS2... I can't decide if he should keep his iPad 2 and get an iPod Touch too or get him just an iPad Mini and sell his iPad 2. I imagine if my kids have different ones... Then they will complain in the car.... But I feel as though DS2 would enjoy the mini more at home than the full size one but I don't want to get him two new iDevices.

My kids are 6 and 2.5.

Any thoughts?

RedRaven571

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2009
Pennsylvania
My kids are 6 and 2.5.

Any thoughts?

LOL. Yeah, what happened to Legos?

For your own sanity, I would not suggest getting one a touch and the other a mini, that's just asking for a nightmare in the car....

If the size/weight of the iPad 2s are an issue, then get 2 minis (IMO) and sell off the iPad 2s.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
I would but my old kid wears glasses and reads a lot on his iPad 2.

As for Legos... I'll be getting them a few Legos... But they have had no interest in them until about 3 days ago.

Powrie

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Why get a touch for 300 when you can get the mini for 30 more.

I think you get alot of benefit for those 30 bucks.

The sales of the touch are going to be very low because of the mini.

Its basically perfect for kids.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Why get a touch for 300 when you can get the mini for 30 more.

I think you get alot of benefit for those 30 bucks.

The sales of the touch are going to be very low because of the mini.

Its basically perfect for kids.

So give them each an iPad mini and my oldest keeps his iPad 2 and sell the other ipad 2. Seems excessive;).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.