Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
Well my official apple earphones gave out, so now I'm in the market for new ones. I was considering EarPods (I was very happy with the audio quality of the original earphones btw) but I wont pay over $30 for a new pair of ear/headphones.

Do you guys have any suggestions for which set I should buy? :eek:

EDIT: Sennheiser's look pretty good and most are $35 or below for earbuds. What do you guys think? Particularly the mx 270, great reviews on Amazon and they look the most comfortable to me. Lol.

Last edited:

golfgrouch

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2012
Venice, CA
Well my official apple earphones gave out, so now I'm in the market for new ones. I was considering EarPods (I was very happy with the audio quality of the original earphones btw) but I wont pay over $30 for a new pair of ear/headphones.

Do you guys have any suggestions for which set I should buy? :eek:

EDIT: Sennheiser's look pretty good and most are $35 or below for earbuds. What do you guys think? Particularly the mx 270, great reviews on Amazon and they look the most comfortable to me. Lol.

Your question is best answered at an audio forum like this.

Last edited:

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
I've never been a fan of earbuds but I like the set shipped with the I5.

At work I use a set of noise cancelling Bose headphones, but that doesn't fit your budget.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I never used the ones that came with my iPhone 4S. Still have the wrapper on them. If you want them I'll happily send them to you for free. PM me.

Last edited:

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
Your question is best answered at an audio forum like this.
Thanks for the link!
What's wrong with buying a pair of Apple earbuds for $10? If you liked them until now, you'll still like another pair of it.
Though the Apple EarPods are $29 with free shipping, which should fit you <$30 bill. :)
The original apple earbuds break too easily in my opinion...
I never used the ones that came with my iPhone 4S. Still have the wrapper on them. If you want them I'll happily send them to you for free. PM me.
Will do! Thank you :)
the earpods are totally worth that cost. If you're listening alot , then I recommend it.
I don't listen a lot really... But I was considering them!

Giuly

macrumors 68040
The original apple earbuds break too easily in my opinion...
The ones that came with my iPhone 4 made a rattle-y noise, Apple replaced them no questions asked. I used the replaced ones a lot, until they got stolen with my iPad. They still looked and sounded like new after a year of usage, so I don't really share that opinion.
The Apple In-Ears I'm using now sound better then the earbuds, but they lack the bass, which was more pronunciated in the earbuds.
I'm still waiting until mid-December for my EarPods to try out, but I don't think that they'll disappoint me.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Skullcandy FMJ's on sale on ebay right now for $20. Hard to beat that price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.