Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:46 AM   #1
marc.garcia
macrumors regular

iPad mini touch screen limitation?

Hello,

does anybody know whether the new iPad mini features a touch recognition area smaller than the 10" iPad? Current styluses are really thick because of the 5mm (is it 5mm?) restriction of iPad's display.

If iPad mini is aimed at portability, I would fine reasonable to adapt that limitation to the newer physical dimensions of the screen.

Anybody can comment on this?

thanks
marc.garcia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:06 AM   #2
allapon
macrumors regular

Touch Area will be full display with thin bezels. However, Apple add the additional feather on modified iOS with the ability to reject accidental touches on its display.

"iPad mini intelligently recognizes whether your thumb is simply resting on the display or whether you’re intentionally interacting with it," says Apple.

Reference : http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/23/3...dental-touches
allapon is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Tags
ipad mini, stylus