Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

intz2nu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Looking for anyone here who may still have a 2011 Macbook Air 13" that still has Snow Leopard on it. I'm wanting some specific Wallpapers from it. Will gladly pay a few dollars to anyone who could help me out. I'm wanting a few specific wallpapers that must be directly from a 2011 MBA 13" with Snow Leopard on it. Not some googled jpegs. If anyone here thinks they could be of a help please send me an email at nizo_mizer@yahoo.com.

Thanks a ton!

Nov 28, 2010
located
Also know, that 2011 MBAs did not come with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard but with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. Installing Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard onto 2011 MBAs also proved to be difficult due to missing drivers for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and the new Thunderbolt chip employed in 2011 MBAs.

intz2nu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012

I've come across this Wallpaper Pack quite sometimes, as well as many others but none of the 5 specific Wallpapers I mentioned that I'm looking for and would like to get off of an original Snow Leopard OS.

----------

Also know, that 2011 MBAs did not come with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard but with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. Installing Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard onto 2011 MBAs also proved to be difficult due to missing drivers for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and the new Thunderbolt chip employed in 2011 MBAs.

This is interesting as I had a 2011 MBA that came with Snow Leopard. It was same as the currently MBA accept for the one that I had of course had older internals and the Keyboard didn't light up. The OS was on a white USB stick and I am positive it was Snow Leopard that was on it. Purchased New from the Apple Online Store and it was indeed a 2011 MBA. Maybe Apple released more than one model MBA model in 2011? Maybe a middle and late model? I know when I look up that original order it says Nov, 2011. So it must have been a late 2011 model?

----------

Still lookin' folks. Once again looking for these 5 specific Wallpapers from Snow Leopard OS with a 1440x900 resolution. (Wave - **Located in with the Black and White color Wallpapers**), (Aqua Blue), (Aqua Graphite), (Panther Aqua Blue), (Panther Aqua Graphite).

Once again would am after these 5 specific Wallpapers from the original Snow Leopard OS of a 13" MBA with a resolution of 1440x900.

Nov 28, 2010
located
I've come across this Wallpaper Pack quite sometimes, as well as many others but none of the 5 specific Wallpapers I mentioned that I'm looking for and would like to get off of an original Snow Leopard OS.

----------

This is interesting as I had a 2011 MBA that came with Snow Leopard. It was same as the currently MBA accept for the one that I had of course had older internals and the Keyboard didn't light up. The OS was on a white USB stick and I am positive it was Snow Leopard that was on it. Purchased New from the Apple Online Store and it was indeed a 2011 MBA. Maybe Apple released more than one model MBA model in 2011? Maybe a middle and late model? I know when I look up that original order it says Nov, 2011. So it must have been a late 2011 model?

----------

Still lookin' folks. Once again looking for these 5 specific Wallpapers from Snow Leopard OS with a 1440x900 resolution. (Wave - **Located in with the Black and White color Wallpapers**), (Aqua Blue), (Aqua Graphite), (Panther Aqua Blue), (Panther Aqua Graphite).

Once again would am after these 5 specific Wallpapers from the original Snow Leopard OS of a 13" MBA with a resolution of 1440x900.

Then you had a 2010 MacBook Air, which for instance had NO backlit keyboard.

But then again, you just registered today and cannot seem to figure out how to download the solution you have been given by the second post.
Also know, that wallpapers in Mac OS X do not come with versions for every possible resolution, but the maximum resolution currently being offered, which was 2560 x 1600 pixel for a while.

intz2nu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Then you had a 2010 MacBook Air, which for instance had NO backlit keyboard.

But then again, you just registered today and cannot seem to figure out how to download the solution you have been given by the second post.
Also know, that wallpapers in Mac OS X do not come with versions for every possible resolution, but the maximum resolution currently being offered, which was 2560 x 1600 pixel for a while.

My having to just sign up today and you (assuming) I cannot figure out how to download the Wallpaper pack in the second post has me a bit confused as I have already mentioned that the specific 5 Wallpapers I am trying to get is NOT in that pack and that I have already googled pretty much ALL Mac OS X Wallpaper packs which ALL DID NOT have those 5 specific Wallpapers I mentioned.

Also I find it hard to believe that the Apple Online Store would have sold me an out of date MBA in late 2011 which was a Brand New Configure to Order Unit.

J&JPolangin

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2008
Close to a boarder, in Eu
...the Apple Online Store would have sold me an out of date MBA in late 2011 which was a Brand New Configure to Order Unit.

...what version of MBA do you have when you look under the "about this Mac" system report in the :apple: logo for the model identifier?

It would look like MacBookAir X,X <--- the X's should each be a number

FYI, only the 2010 MBA's came with the restore software on the white USB stick also (2011 and newer were download only for restoring).

intz2nu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Sorry, you folks may very well be right on it being a 2010 model and I just purchased it in 2011. Mybad on that one. I guess I was thinking being it was purchased in 2011 that it was probably a 2011 unit. Actual invoice says purchase date was May 2011 so I guess at that time Apple was still selling the 2010 units on their website.

----------

Thank you for this however these are in the 27" iMac resolutions. I was looking for an original one off of the operating system of a 13" MBA with the resolution being 1440x900.

----------

Oh yeah I should mention that I no longer have that earlier MBA I have spoken of. I now have the new 2012 model that came with Mountain Lion pre-installed. This is why I'm after those specific Wallpapers from an original 13" MBA that came with them. I got a 2010 27" iMac that has those Wallpapers but it's not in the same resolution for a 13" MBA.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Thank you for this however these are in the 27" iMac resolutions. I was looking for an original one off of the operating system of a 13" MBA with the resolution being 1440x900.

----------

Oh yeah I should mention that I no longer have that earlier MBA I have spoken of. I now have the new 2012 model that came with Mountain Lion pre-installed. This is why I'm after those specific Wallpapers from an original 13" MBA that came with them. I got a 2010 27" iMac that has those Wallpapers but it's not in the same resolution for a 13" MBA.

Thus there are no 1440 x 900 pixel versions of the wallpapers. You can however use Preview to resize them, if you do not like them in that resolution.

I have had a 12" iBook and the wallpapers displayed quite okay, even with their big resolution. Nowadays I have a 20" iMac and 17" MBP, both running Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and having wallpapers with 2560 x 1600 on them, which still display fine albeit the Macs' smaller resolutions.

Or is there any particular reason they need to be in 1440 x 900 pixel resolution?

intz2nu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
yeah the resolution was mainly to suit my 2012 MBA and I was not so keen on a resized version of the Wallpapers and really preferred the actual files from the earlier MBA OS 13". But I guess someone still have Snow Leopard on a MBA is maybe gonna be impossible or real slim to find. :p

Nov 28, 2010
located
yeah the resolution was mainly to suit my 2012 MBA and I was not so keen on a resized version of the Wallpapers and really preferred the actual files from the earlier MBA OS 13". But I guess someone still have Snow Leopard on a MBA is maybe gonna be impossible or real slim to find. :p

It seems, I have not made myself clear enough. Since Apple released the 30" display (maybe even before that), Apple only included wallpapers with 2560 x 1600 pixel, as the scale quite nicely to a smaller resolution.
There were no 1024 x 768 pixel (12"/14" iBook or 12" PowerBook), no 1280 x 800 pixel (13" MB or 13" MBP or the pre 2010 13" MBA), no 1440 x 900 pixel (15" MBP, 13" 2010+ MBA and others), no 1680 x 1050 pixel (20" iMac, 15" MBP, 17" MBP), no 1920 x 1200 (24" iMac, 17" MBP) versions for those wallpapers. Only 2560 x 1600 pixel versions were included before the arrival of the rMBP.

Was that understandable?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.