Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:15 AM   #1
splitloop
macrumors newbie

Is there any paste options in Textedit?

when I copy paste text from one document to another, the program takes the line breaks from the original text resulting in a column of text on the left hand side of the page. However I want this text to fill up the entire page i.e get rid of the original page breaks. Is there any way to do this automatically in Text Edit or any other application?
splitloop is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:33 AM   #2
Thessman
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitloop View Post
when I copy paste text from one document to another, the program takes the line breaks from the original text resulting in a column of text on the left hand side of the page. However I want this text to fill up the entire page i.e get rid of the original page breaks. Is there any way to do this automatically in Text Edit or any other application?
Try this:
From the edit menu choose find-> find and replace (alt cmd F)
then in the find line you will see a small triangle, press it and choose "Insert Pattern" (ctrl alt cmd P)...
If you want that fully automated you would need to use applescript or automator though.
Thessman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:18 AM   #3
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

Quote:
Try "Paste and match style" from the edit menu. That strips out everything but the text when you paste.
Weaselboy is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:22 AM   #4
splitloop
macrumors newbie

Thank you, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thessman View Post
Try this:
From the edit menu choose find-> find and replace (alt cmd F)
then in the find line you will see a small triangle, press it and choose "Insert Pattern" (ctrl alt cmd P)...
If you want that fully automated you would need to use applescript or au tomator though.
. But which pattern should i choose?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post
Try "Paste and match style" from the edit menu. That strips out everything but the text when you paste.
Didnt work out for me, as I have no text there to match to. Means I normally write in Evernote, and in TextEdit I only edit texts before sending to a client, so i paste text to an empty document
splitloop is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:11 PM   #5
Thessman
macrumors member

Quote:
Thank you, guys!

. But which pattern should i choose?
Try the "line break". On a copy of the file...
Thessman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store