Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danielwerner

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
Hi,

Sorry for perhaps a stupid question, but I couldn't for the life of me find an answer via google.

If I buy a Macbook Pro and download apps (via appstore, that is) for that one, are the apps bound to only that Macbook or can I use it if I buy a new macbook in a year? Or a macbook air? Or an iMac?

Bonus question: What about apps with support for several iStuff? Can I buy an app for Mac which also works for iPhone or iPad?

Thanks! :)

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Mac App Store - works on all computers with your apple id. This is only based off experience. There may be exceptions. I also dont have any apps that I have purchased that work on Mac/iPhone/iPad for one price.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
The Mac App Store license allows you to use any applications purchased via the App Store on all your personal Macs. As noted, however, there's no crossover between the Mac App Store and the iOS App Store, so you would purchase applications separately for iOS devices vs your Macs.

jW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.