Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matsouth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
Hi All

I'm currently writing a book/magazine within iBooks Author though I'm trying to establish what the "entry" requirements are so that the publication is accepted.

Apple have advised that they do not accept magazines with adverts into iBooks- that's reserved for Newsstand.

That's fair enough, my publication doesn't have adverts. It contains News, Reviews, Articles, Letters, Photography & video and is most likely akin to what you or I would call a magazine.

I've contacted Publisher Support and all they can tell me is that adverts aren't accepted - they can't tell me if my publication will be accepted until I've actually sent it to them.

iBooks Author allows me to create exactly what I need with rich content; it's perfect for my requirements and the results are a high quality informative publication.

Can anyone help/does anyone have more information on Apple's acceptance criteria so that I could at least try to ensure I conform?

Thanks

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Best thing to do is create it and submit. If there's problems, they'll kick it back and tell you what criteria it didn't meet. It's my understanding that happens to most who submit apps the first time or two, I assume it'll be similar with this.

jW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.