Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sergeytodorov

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
Hey guys! I'm planning to get a MacBook Air 13" 2012 and use it extensively with a 1920x1200 resolution external display attached (mostly clam-shell mode I'd reckon).

Can anyone who has the same or similar configuration share their experience with regards to graphics performance? I'm mainly interested in whether the integrated Intel HD 4000 card can maintain buttery smooth frame-rates in OS X UI under load. That is Expose with many (let's say 20) windows, resizing and moving complex app windows (iTunes or Photoshop for instance), scrolling complex web pages.

I'd get a MacBook Pro, but the ones with dedicated graphics are a bit outside my budget and portability is a factor.

Thanks!

tiwizard

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Hey guys! I'm planning to get a MacBook Air 13" 2012 and use it extensively with a 1920x1200 resolution external display attached (mostly clam-shell mode I'd reckon).

Can anyone who has the same or similar configuration share their experience with regards to graphics performance? I'm mainly interested in whether the integrated Intel HD 4000 card can maintain buttery smooth frame-rates in OS X UI under load. That is Expose with many (let's say 20) windows, resizing and moving complex app windows (iTunes or Photoshop for instance), scrolling complex web pages.

I'd get a MacBook Pro, but the ones with dedicated graphics are a bit outside my budget and portability is a factor.

Thanks!

Works fine, even when I am using the internal monitor + an external.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.