Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tiberius8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
Loughborough
Hi all,

I am new here, and I have a problem with boot camp. I am trying to install windows 8 on my Late 2011 MBP running OSX 10.8.2

I need to make a boot disk, but when I go to the second page of boot camp, I get this. http://cl.ly/image/2B2n2M2j2T2E There is obviously an option missing (To make a boot disk). Where did it go/How do I get it back.

As a last resort, I made a boot disk on my friends MBP, but once I get to partitioning the drive, it doesn't recognize my Flash Drive. Any ideas?

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
You can create a partition using Disk Utility, but the Bootcamp Assistant method will also work fine, just be sure to only check "Install Windows 7", and make sure to insert the Windows 8 DVD, it should bring you to the partitioning process..

When your done installing Windows 8 you can then download and install the drivers from the Bootcamp Assistant..

Hope that helps!

tiberius8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
Loughborough
I managed to get a boot disk. Now when I have to choose the partition to use to install windows, it says
"Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks"

Did I choose the wrong partition setting (MSDOS)? Or is this some sort of sign that I am not meant to have Windows 8?

Akitakoi

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
I managed to get a boot disk. Now when I have to choose the partition to use to install windows, it says

Did I choose the wrong partition setting (MSDOS)? Or is this some sort of sign that I am not meant to have Windows 8?

You have to choose that partition then choose format.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.