Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:30 PM   #1
tiberius8
macrumors newbie

Boot Camp Issues

Hi all,

I am new here, and I have a problem with boot camp. I am trying to install windows 8 on my Late 2011 MBP running OSX 10.8.2

I need to make a boot disk, but when I go to the second page of boot camp, I get this. http://cl.ly/image/2B2n2M2j2T2E There is obviously an option missing (To make a boot disk). Where did it go/How do I get it back.

As a last resort, I made a boot disk on my friends MBP, but once I get to partitioning the drive, it doesn't recognize my Flash Drive. Any ideas?
tiberius8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:27 PM   #2
Yamcha
macrumors 68000

You can create a partition using Disk Utility, but the Bootcamp Assistant method will also work fine, just be sure to only check "Install Windows 7", and make sure to insert the Windows 8 DVD, it should bring you to the partitioning process..

When your done installing Windows 8 you can then download and install the drivers from the Bootcamp Assistant..

Hope that helps!
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:42 PM   #3
tiberius8
macrumors newbie

I managed to get a boot disk. Now when I have to choose the partition to use to install windows, it says
Quote:
"Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks"
Did I choose the wrong partition setting (MSDOS)? Or is this some sort of sign that I am not meant to have Windows 8?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:49 PM   #4
Akitakoi
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius8 View Post
I managed to get a boot disk. Now when I have to choose the partition to use to install windows, it says

Did I choose the wrong partition setting (MSDOS)? Or is this some sort of sign that I am not meant to have Windows 8?
You have to choose that partition then choose format.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:45 AM   #5
tiberius8
macrumors newbie

I have done it, yet I am not able to install windows on that partition.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac