Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:27 PM   #1
Rodster
macrumors 68030

Sometimes I have No Luck With Electronics Nexus 7

So I get my Nexus 7 delivered today by Office Depot. It looks and works great, no screen lift and just when I thought the stars were aligned right, I start noticing a spot towards the top center.

It's either a small area of dead pixels or a spec of dust. So back it goes to OD and now I need to find another one because it really is a sweet looking little tablet.
Rodster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:33 PM   #2
marc11
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster View Post
So I get my Nexus 7 delivered today by Office Depot. It looks and works great, no screen lift and just when I thought the stars were aligned right, I start noticing a spot towards the top center.

It's either a small area of dead pixels or a spec of dust. So back it goes to OD and now I need to find another one because it really is a sweet looking little tablet.
Crap happens; just bring it back and get another one. Yeah I know, it blows when you get a new toy and want to jump right in and play with it, but can't. But trust me, you will LOVE it once you can spend some quality time with it. I have had mine for three days and just love it.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:07 PM   #3
Rodster
macrumors 68030

Well no dead pixels but my replacement N7 has the infamous screen lift on the left side. Looks like I may cut my losses completely.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:12 PM   #4
PhoenixMac
macrumors 6502a

I would try again, as the Nexus 7 I have is perfect and I really love it.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:52 AM   #5
Melab
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster View Post

Kinda similar. I have the inexplicable property of making ANY device I own run slow. Even my iPad 2.
Melab is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:37 PM   #6
Rodster
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melab View Post
Kinda similar. I have the inexplicable property of making ANY device I own run slow. Even my iPad 2.
That's why I haven't installed iOS 6 on my iPad 2.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixMac View Post
I would try again, as the Nexus 7 I have is perfect and I really love it.
I may try one more time and if it's another defective unit I may get a Mini. One thing I noticed on both N7's is that even without auto-brightness turned off the screen brightness changes a little if you tilt the device. A friend of mine who owns one as well noticed his doing the same thing.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:58 PM   #7
ChazUK
macrumors 603

I got lucky the first time with my N7.

No dead pixels or screen lift. I did however, manage to scuff it ever so slightly when I dropped it on a table once.

It barely notices in person but I know it's there. My fault though and my obsessive ways makes me notice it every time I use it!

Good luck if you try again or with whatever you go for next.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chip.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	373942  
Old Nov 1, 2012, 02:17 PM   #8
Rodster
macrumors 68030

Got my replacement from Office Depot today and no screen lift and no dead pixels....hooray

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices