Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:37 PM   #276
Ubele
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgc View Post
Why is your MacPro obsolete? Does it still do the tasks you need it to do? You're just mad it's been surpassed in terms of speed and/or features. Get over it and keep your MacPro until it no longer works for what you need it to work for. I have a Sawtooth G4 Mac tower in my basement running a really old (PPC) XBMC to watch exercise videos. Hasn't been updated in five years but it works so I'm good with that. Similarly, my day-to-day MacPro is the 2006 1,1 model. Works great and that's good. Even if I did work on it, if it did what I needed it to do (and didn't take too long to do it) I'd be fine with that. A new model does not make the last model obsolete, that's just a weird thing to say.
As I replied earlier to three similar comments, my attempt at sarcastic humor went over many people's heads. I didn't say that this is MY opinion (it isn't), it's what I imagine many OTHER people would say, based on the number of postings about the iPad 3 supposedly being "obsolete." From now on, I'll use eye-roll emoticons or </SARCASM> tags.
Ubele is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:00 AM   #277
cgc
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubele View Post
As I replied earlier to three similar comments, my attempt at sarcastic humor went over many people's heads. I didn't say that this is MY opinion (it isn't), it's what I imagine many OTHER people would say, based on the number of postings about the iPad 3 supposedly being "obsolete." From now on, I'll use eye-roll emoticons or </SARCASM> tags.
Who has time to read the OP or previous threads when a knee-jerk posting is much simpler. </sarcasm> Plenty of folks around here say and mean what you posted so I thought you were another "one of them." Luckily I kept the receipt for my torch and pitchfork and will be able to return it for a full refund...hopefully the angry mod will disperse soon and you can go buy some beer.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion