Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:23 AM   #1
kobebryant24
macrumors newbie

Cracked/Dented my iPad, Need better Case

Hi guys.

I recently dropped my iPad 3 and the screen completely cracked and both top corners got dented. I have gotten a replacement iPad, but I am traumatized now. I had on a Poetic case when the iPad hit the ground, which makes the damage even more disappointing. Can anyone suggest a nice case that has good corner coverage but isnt as bulky as the Otterbox? I would prefer a case that has some sort of mechanism to keep itself propped up. Thanks in advance for the help!
kobebryant24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:45 AM   #2
jazz1
macrumors 6502a

Otterbox. A co-worker of mine has one and it looks very rugged. It props up the iPad landscape style. I've been thinking about getting one, but like to use my iPad as a "Kindle". The Otterbox looks protective, but with that comes weight I think.
jazz1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:55 AM   #3
Macman45
macrumors G5

^^

This. Fact is, that if you really want the kind of protection that will withstand a fall then the defender range is the only one I'd recommend. Yes, it's bulky, in fact it's ugly, but it does the job. I had one on my 4S, but decided it was overkill for me so passed it on to a buddy. He uses it a lot as he travels regularly long distance. It's saved his phone on more than one occasion too. The ipad defender will protect your device, but it is bulky. I can't think of another sturdier case on the market today.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:34 AM   #4
RenoG
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman45 View Post
^^

This. Fact is, that if you really want the kind of protection that will withstand a fall then the defender range is the only one I'd recommend. Yes, it's bulky, in fact it's ugly, but it does the job. I had one on my 4S, but decided it was overkill for me so passed it on to a buddy. He uses it a lot as he travels regularly long distance. It's saved his phone on more than one occasion too. The ipad defender will protect your device, but it is bulky. I can't think of another sturdier case on the market today.
This ^^^ sorry op, its just what it is if you want that kinda protection sir.
RenoG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:49 PM   #5
kobebryant24
macrumors newbie

I see. Thanks guy for the replies. I guess I'll get the defender
kobebryant24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:40 PM   #6
MathRulz
macrumors regular

Maroo

Maroo has great corner protection and comes in a variety of styles and colors--from business-like leather to bleeding edge designs. I also dropped, dented, shattered my first iPad. That's why I went with Maroo. Check out their videos including shooting the iPad in a Maroo case with a giant slingshot. Looks like they just got a bunch of new colors/designs in. My wife has Maroo, I have two--one more business like and one more fun--my daughter and her husband have Maroo, and my granddaughter has one for her Kindle Fire.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:43 PM   #7
maliu
macrumors 6502

Lifeproof Nüüd, waterproof too!
maliu is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:15 AM   #8
blazah
macrumors newbie

I had the Otterbox Defender for awhile. It is a great case for drop protection. But, I did not like the back side grip.

Currently, the Droptech Gumdrop is on my iPad. I prefer this to the Defender. It provides good drop protection and an excellent back side grip. The back side is like tire tread. I trust it with my toddler. One negative is Gumdrop does not include a stand like the Defender.
blazah is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:43 PM   #9
toasty hoodie
macrumors 6502

Currently have the Griffin Survivor. Slimmest rugged case I've found.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:58 AM   #10
Mother'sDay
macrumors newbie

My ipad3 has survived multiple falls in my Maroo. I like it enough I ordered another for my teen daughter's new ipad, and we know how rough kids are! I love the stand, the silicon corners, the interior pocket, the microfiber, everything about it. I originally bought another, more typical protective cover (Droptech Gumdrop) and I just didn't want that kind of added bulk and intrusion. With the Maroo I'm plenty safe, but my ipad is still pleasant to use.
Mother'sDay is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories