Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

otipep5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
Hey there,

First App I m ever launching and looking to get some info about a few stuff:

1. Is it possible to be made aware of the people / amount of people deleting the App from their phone?

2. Is it possible to A/B test inside the app, is there a software available for that?

Cheers :)

Ruben

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
1 - No. I think you will be informed through negative numbers in your sales reports if some users request refunds, but that's all that I'm aware of. Refund requests are much rarer than app uninstalls.

2 - I just looked up what A/B testing is... I've heard of some frameworks that let you determine where users get stuck in your app, which is particularly useful in making games, but I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for...

seepel

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2009
Hey there,

First App I m ever launching and looking to get some info about a few stuff:

1. Is it possible to be made aware of the people / amount of people deleting the App from their phone?

2. Is it possible to A/B test inside the app, is there a software available for that?

Cheers :)

Ruben

You'll want to run some sort of analytics framework like Flurry. That will give you better results than a simple uninstall counter, after all your more interested in user engagement than how many people let your app sit on their home screen untouched right? A/B testing is doable, I'm not aware of any off the shelf solutions though. You'll probably need to roll your own. Probably need to have your app phone back to a server to find out what version to display, then you can log the results using the analytics library. Shouldn't be too hard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.