Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paperinacup

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
I was wondering if I could get an ipod nano but the rebate says ipod mini and ipod photo.

I was thinking it would still work but I was wondering if anyone knew.

strider42

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2002
paperinacup said:
I was wondering if I could get an ipod nano but the rebate says ipod mini and ipod photo.

I was thinking it would still work but I was wondering if anyone knew.

you could call up apple and just ask them. I'm sure they'll give you a definitive answer.

Eevee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2004
New Haven, CT
Probably not since the rebates specifically states "Mini"

But it'll be cool if the rebate can be used for the nano. I'm calling them right now.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
paperinacup said:
They said since it is replacing the mini then yes I can use it still.

Oooooh, oooh, oh, so enticing....

i want a powerbook... i want a nano... i want more money!!

Eevee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2004
New Haven, CT
paperinacup said:

Just called the Apple Store and the lady told me the opposite! :confused: :confused: :confused:

She told me that I cannot use it for the nano. Now I'm really confused!

TheT

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2002
Germany
paperinacup said:
Funny, they told me it is not possible when I called like 2 hours ago... before you buy, call again at least twice :rolleyes:

elbennet

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2005
But I thought you could have either a mini OR $179 towards another ipod??

EDIT: Just read on apple's site that it is for 6GB minis and up

TheT

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2002
Germany
Eevee said:
Just called the Apple Store and the lady told me the opposite! :confused: :confused: :confused:

She told me that I cannot use it for the nano. Now I'm really confused!
Hey, 2 against 1 :p I'd guess it's in fact really not possible, 'cause if you read the small print on the Back to School PDF, it clearly states the iPod mini / iPod part numbers that can be used, and obviously, the iPod nano ones are not there. But the iPod mini is still available in the US Edu-Store (not in Germany, though :( )

lasuther

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2004
Grand Haven, Michigan
I just called. The Nano cannot be used with the rebate. Apple currently has mini's available for the rebate. They might run out by 9/24, then you get the normal iPod.

lasuther

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
So do you have to call Apple now to get the ipod mini and computer together since you can't order one online anymore??? This seems stupid ... then again we are talking about Apple... they have been full of stupid decisions lately :confused:

galstaph

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2002
The Great White North Eh
I would like to know this myself. Canada still has the mini shown on the website but i'd rather have a nano too. Maybe a call to California is in order.... The rebate doesn't exclude the nano, only the shuffle or a lower priced ipod

pistol44

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2005
NO

I work at an Apple Education Authorized Retailer and NO the $179 rebate will not work with the iPod nano. This is a letter that comes directly from Apple.

It sure would have been nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.