Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jc244

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
Hi. I'm planning to buy a Mac Mini that just came out and wanted to know if the non-server version of Mac Mini supports two internal hard drives. I have two ssds from another computer and want to install them both in a software RAID. Do both versions have two hard drive slots or just the server? Thanks.

linds15

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
Great White North
Hi. I'm planning to buy a Mac Mini that just came out and wanted to know if the non-server version of Mac Mini supports two internal hard drives. I have two ssds from another computer and want to install them both in a software RAID. Do both versions have two hard drive slots or just the server? Thanks.

it has the slots for two drives but you will have to buy a data doubler kit from ifixit or owc to get the sata cable and install it

RedRallyeZ

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2010
it has the slots for two drives but you will have to buy a data doubler kit from ifixit or owc to get the sata cable and install it

It certainly does.

Both iFixit and OWC have verified the layout is the same. I have already bought my OWC kit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.