Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:10 PM   #126
wilhoitm
macrumors regular

Did Ive design the UI for iTunes 11?

Did Jonathan Ive design the UI for the New iTunes?

It looks like it!
wilhoitm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:10 PM   #127
jwsmiths
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamiar View Post
first sorry for my bad english

I think itunes 11 is same itunes 10 with many problems and low speed and other problems, all changes are just graphical
I think apple shocked when windows 8 released and know they are thinking to Competition with great windows 8 features(html5) that they never can create something like that.
why apple said this(itunes will arrive november) in last day? why they didn't say it in past days?
No offense but Windows 8 wasn't a "shock" - it's features had been demo'd long in advance and Apple was aware of what was coming out of Redmond.

iTunes has long been a graphical front-end for an HTML based store and an SQLite iTunes database so they are very much capable of creating the HTML5 that you mentioned.

What happened most likely was that with this management shake-up yesterday small, but important, changes need to be made to satisfy the new management.
jwsmiths is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:11 PM   #128
stol
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaktor5 View Post
Siri.

Which is still in beta...
I meant major iTunes releases.
stol is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:11 PM   #129
macbd
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
Just one more vote for getting it as right as possible first crack out of the box, instead of a buggy mess pushed out to meet a schedule.

It's just a month, folks.

Life does go on...
Agreed. And ever since iCloud (& iTunes Match), I use it less and less. Mostly just make sure it's up and running for Apple TV streaming.
macbd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:12 PM   #130
ipedro
macrumors 68020

So they found out today that it was going to take another month?? They're making the same mistake again. The label says "November" instead of "End of November". People who see it in November will think "any day now" and when it's November 30th and for some reason it's not ready, Apple will switch it again?
They're not fostering a lot of good will with these moves. Sure delay it if its not ready but don't string people along. They had to have know it wouldn't be ready last week or even before then. Why wait til the last possible moment to gather more and more disappointment from those waiting?
ipedro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:14 PM   #131
Reaktor5
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by stol View Post
I meant major iTunes releases.
10.3 was a public beta which had iTunes in the cloud.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/07/i...load-we-go-ha/
Reaktor5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:14 PM   #132
somethingelsefl
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by realeric View Post
No. No iOS 6.0.1, No iTunes 11, No new Safari for Windows. Why?
Apple is forgetting that they are a "software company that also makes beautiful hardware" (that's a Steve Jobs quote).
somethingelsefl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:15 PM   #133
Zunjine
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by egeek84 View Post
dammit i was really looking forward to this
Well, think about it this way, you can now look forward to it for a little longer!
Zunjine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:17 PM   #134
Reaktor5
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipedro View Post
So they found out today that it was going to take another month?? They're making the same mistake again. The label says "November" instead of "End of November". People who see it in November will think "any day now" and when it's November 30th and for some reason it's not ready, Apple will switch it again?
They're not fostering a lot of good will with these moves. Sure delay it if its not ready but don't string people along. They had to have know it wouldn't be ready last week or even before then. Why wait til the last possible moment to gather more and more disappointment from those waiting?
I think a mention during the iPad mini keynote would have eased the burn a little.
Reaktor5 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:18 PM   #135
pedromartins
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyes View Post
Ha. Who cares.

iTunes has never been slick and fast, and it never will. Apple does not know how to make software.

Dramatically simpler and cleaner interface. Just like iOS, that means less control for the end user. Enjoy, children.
Maybe this will hurt you, but you need a reality check:

Apple is also the biggest software company (at least on Earth). (iWork, iLife, Aperture, Final Cut, Motion, Compressor, MainStage, Logic Pro, iBooks Author, xCode, iTunes and everything related to it, Mountain Lion, iOS, iCloud, Safari, Quicktime, mail, etc.). They for sure know about software. Maybe in Mars we have a bigger software company.. Maybe.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:18 PM   #136
monaarts
macrumors 6502a

When is the last time Apple delayed something? I dont know if this is good (because they are changing more stuff maybe, like icloud movies or video iTunes Match?) or if it is bad because they don't typically do this kind of stuff (turning into Microsoft, are we?)
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:19 PM   #137
cgk.emu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodrone View Post
Nooooo
Noooo what? You'd rather have a crap product earlier, and then whine about it here when it's not everything you hoped it would be?? Come on now. Be a little more forward thinking.
cgk.emu is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:20 PM   #138
Reaktor5
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaarts View Post
When is the last time Apple delayed something? I dont know if this is good (because they are changing more stuff maybe, like icloud movies or video iTunes Match?) or if it is bad because they don't typically do this kind of stuff (turning into Microsoft, are we?)
I think Match was the last thing they delayed.

It's not so much the delaying that's irritating, it's giving a deadline for people to get amped up about and missing it.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:20 PM   #139
Chrjy
macrumors regular

Quote:
Ha. Who cares.
iTunes has never been slick and fast, and it never will. Apple does not know how to make software.
Along with 'When was the last innovative thing Apple did?' post the other day by someone, this is next in line for the funniest thing I've heard all year!
Chrjy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:20 PM   #140
cgk.emu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaarts View Post
Because delaying a product makes them Microsoft? I don't see the connection. Every company delays things now and again.
cgk.emu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:21 PM   #141
monaarts
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgk.emu View Post
Because delaying a product makes them Microsoft? I don't see the connection. Every company delays things now and again.
I know... I was being dramatic

I love still!
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:22 PM   #142
milo
macrumors 603

I do see one downside to this particular delay.

iTunes match was first released November 14 last year. So people who got it right away have their year subscriptions expire the 14th.

Personally, I'm hoping the new iTunes brings some improvement to Match (yes, I know it's mostly server side, but still...). October release would have meant a bit of time with the new app to decide whether to renew. If it releases late November, the early Match adopters will have to decide whether to renew or let it lapse before the new app is out.

Other than that I'm fine with it coming out later, but the Match thing is a disappointment.
milo is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:23 PM   #143
malnar
macrumors 6502a

Well, I'm pretty annoyed because I was counting on getting iTunes 11 with its new, supposedly improved Match controls now, before my subscription is to be renewed on Nov. 14, so I can see if Match is finally going to work right or if I need to just give up on it all together. Would love to see that we're going to get an extension to give the new Match a chance to correct all the MANY mistakes it has made over the past year (incorrect matches, mainly, but missing artwork, songs that won't download, and other irritations).
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:24 PM   #144
tech4all
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Odd. My seems to be fine. I must be doing something right.

Quote:
Dramatically simpler and cleaner interface. Just like iOS, that means less control for the end user. Enjoy, children.
I plan to.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:25 PM   #145
k12g3
macrumors member

I read this as..."We didn't get the rights to our streaming radio service like we had planned on, so hopefully we get them by the end of November."
k12g3 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:26 PM   #146
SeattleMoose
macrumors 6502a

Good Judgement

Reputation is everything. If you release a piece of crap early EVERYONE will NEVER FORGET that "x" is a piece of crap. The penalty for being late is much more forgiving. If you are late but "x" works pretty well nobody will remember "x" was late. They will only know they like it. So yes, please NO MORE HALF BAKED PRODUCTS!!!
SeattleMoose is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:28 PM   #147
Peace
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by k12g3 View Post
I read this as..."We didn't get the rights to our streaming radio service like we had planned on, so hopefully we get them by the end of November."
That may be part of it.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:29 PM   #148
Reaktor5
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by k12g3 View Post
I feel like they would have launched it anyway with support from smaller labels to prove it would be a success and the larger labels would have hopped on board.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:30 PM   #149
Anuba
macrumors 68040

"Forstall...!"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Indy-Forrestal.png
Views:	12
Size:	317.2 KB
ID:	373713  
Anuba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:31 PM   #150
tann
macrumors 65816

Quote:
I think Mountain Lion runs beautifully! As well as a lot of their other software, it's just iTunes (and sometimes iPhoto) that annoy me!

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion