Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

milkmandan

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Anyone have a recommendation for a good Thunderbolt/MiniDisplay Port to Dual Link DVI Adapter they can recommend?

I've heard bad things about the Apple one. Is it properly fixed now?

Also, to push 2560x1440 to I even need to use an adapter??, can't I just get HDMI to Dual-Link DVI?
I would prefer to keep my TB port free.

markandersonus

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2013
Anyone have a recommendation for a good Thunderbolt/MiniDisplay Port to Dual Link DVI Adapter they can recommend?

I've heard bad things about the Apple one. Is it properly fixed now?

Also, to push 2560x1440 to I even need to use an adapter??, can't I just get HDMI to Dual-Link DVI?
I would prefer to keep my TB port free.

Hi Dan

I just got retina MBP15 and have 2560x1440. What did you do in the end and does it work OK?

Regards

Mark

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
If you use the MiniDisplayPort on the rear of the Mini,
... and if you use either DisplayPort or MiniDisplayPort on the back of the monitor...
....you shouldn't need a "dual-link" cable.

markandersonus

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2013
If you use the MiniDisplayPort on the rear of the Mini,
... and if you use either DisplayPort or MiniDisplayPort on the back of the monitor...
....you shouldn't need a "dual-link" cable.

Thanks. Ordered a mini displayport to displayport. Hopefully this will work with my HP ZR2740w. Read tons of posts complaining about res choices on secondary monitor on rMBP. Guess they were all trying to use HDMI.

Thanks again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.