Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ressac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2011
is this voiding a warranty?
it's not big damage and everything is working like before

31102012212.jpg

31102012210.jpg

31102012211.jpg

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Yup! If anything ever happens to your computer and you take it into Apple, they'll blame it on the drop. Apple told me my $3 fan cost $1200 to replace.

TRMC13

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2012
Yup! If anything ever happens to your computer and you take it into Apple, they'll blame it on the drop. Apple told me my $3 fan cost $1200 to replace.

What you can do is get it checked out by a Genius with the damage. If everything is in working order, they can notate it on your serial number. It certainly isn't a guarantee that Apple won't use the damage as an excuse to not cover your laptop under warranty in the future, but it couldn't hurt, especially if you get a gracious Genius.

applematic

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2011
What you can do is get it checked out by a Genius with the damage. If everything is in working order, they can notate it on your serial number. It certainly isn't a guarantee that Apple won't use the damage as an excuse to not cover your laptop under warranty in the future, but it couldn't hurt, especially if you get a gracious Genius.

This^ and it wont void it, just if you have problems with anything such as the magsafe port or something else with the power supply or by the looks of it possibly the ethernet port they will absolutely link it back to the damage. If everything else is in a good working condition then those parts that were not affected by the damage will be covered if something should happen in the future.

TRMC13

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2012
will be covered if something should happen in the future.

I would caution not to take this as gospel. Regardless of the notes in the Genius system, Apple CAN deny warranty repairs based on the damage. My suggestion was just to help increase the odds in your favor.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Apple could deny warranty to the whole machine, but if you get something wrong with your optical drive or something like that it's very likely they won't try blame it on that. But hey, if you try take it in and get an ******, just go back during a different shift :D

ressac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2011
update

ok i was in ServiceCenter, inside of my screen was some dust, and they replace a screen without any problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.