Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Yesterday, we noted that early iPad mini pre-orders were en route to customers and that resellers were receiving shipments ahead of Friday's official launch for the Wi-Fi models.

French site igen.fr now shares some unboxing photos [Google translation] from a customer who pre-ordered a white iPad mini from French reseller Darty and has already received his shipment.

ipad_mini_unboxing_1.jpg
The unboxing photos do not reveal any significant surprises, with Apple opting to maintain its usual box layout for the new device in placing the iPad mini on top of a support surface containing the documentation and accessories. The iPad mini comes with a Lightning to USB cable and a power adapter, although the adapter is not visible in these photos.

ipad_mini_ipad_boxes.jpg
Wi-Fi models of the iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad will officially debut this Friday, November 2 in 34 countries, with Apple's own retail stores opening at 8:00 AM to begin sales. Cellular-capable models will follow several weeks later.

Article Link: Unboxing Photos from Early iPad Mini Delivery Surface in France

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Damn. That iPad box looks HUGE, compared to the iPad mini's box.

I'm hoping the iPad 5 will be thin enough to get a box that slim.

Blackberryroid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
/private/var/vm/
Apple's 7.9 Inches has far fewer pixels than competing 7-inch tablets! You're cramming a worse screen in there, charging more, and accusing others of compromise? Ballsy.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Apple's 7.9 Inches has far fewer pixels than competing 7-inch tablets! You're cramming a worse screen in there, charging more, and accusing others of compromise? Ballsy.

totally relevant to an unboxing picture....join an existing thread.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA

You crammed that in there sarcastically just to get it in before the inevitable whining continues right?

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Damn. That iPad box looks HUGE, compared to the iPad mini's box.

I'm hoping the iPad 5 will be thin enough to get a box that slim.

Agreed, I was wondering why the regular iPad box was double the thickness of the iPad mini box.

MadCow42

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2008
Extra Lightning cables, no so backordered.

FYI, although the Apple Store is saying that Lightning cables are a few weeks backordered, they're shipping much quicker.

I ordered two last Friday, and it said they'd be delivered November 15th. However, they're on a truck to be delivered today instead (shipping info shows them being routed directly from Shenzhen).

MadCow.

everything-i

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2012
London, UK

Right, and this coming from someone who has never even seen the thing, there is more to it than just resolution when looking at screen quality. Typical spec. junky comment.:rolleyes:

oliversl

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
"... Delivery Surface in France"

Surface..., mmm, I know what you did there :)
<insert meme animated gif here>

Chrjy

macrumors 65816
May 19, 2010
UK
Not sure why I keep coming to MacRumors, all this unboxing, Mini reviews and people getting them early is making me even more impatient for Friday....I think I'll have to lick mine when it arrives ;)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.