Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cnour

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
Lebanon
Hello,

I have the following problem on my new iPhone 5 and I hope someone can help:

The issue is once I lose the signal “for a while” (the “No Service” notification appears), the 3G or the Edge will never return even when the signal is back (no problem with signal return, it returns directly after leaving the dead signal point). It requires the restart of my iPhone in order to re-use the 3G or Edge service.

I did not find on the web such problem for anybody. The problems that I found are Signal did not return or no automatic change from E to 3G. These problems do not exist on my iPhone.

Please note that my old iPhone 4S (with iOS 6) did not have such problem. Moreover, I contacted my career and they told me that it is a iPhone 5 problem.

I did all the possible reset and restores without success.

Thanks,

CN

max5peru

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
Peru
Are you using a dual band (CDMA/GSM) phone with a GSM carrier?

I had the same issue when I was using a Verizon iPhone 4S in my country with Movistar (GSM). I had to change to airplane mode for a while so the phone could recover signal.

In my opinion, this happens when you have a CDMA phone. The iphone tries find signal over the CDMA network, since it's impossible, it tries to get one on the GSM network but if it couldnt get one or its fall down, moves to No service and never tries to reconnect.

Is that your case?

Hello,

I have the following problem on my new iPhone 5 and I hope someone can help:

The issue is once I lose the signal “for a while” (the “No Service” notification appears), the 3G or the Edge will never return even when the signal is back (no problem with signal return, it returns directly after leaving the dead signal point). It requires the restart of my iPhone in order to re-use the 3G or Edge service.

I did not find on the web such problem for anybody. The problems that I found are Signal did not return or no automatic change from E to 3G. These problems do not exist on my iPhone.

Please note that my old iPhone 4S (with iOS 6) did not have such problem. Moreover, I contacted my career and they told me that it is a iPhone 5 problem.

I did all the possible reset and restores without success.

Thanks,

CN

cnour

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
Lebanon
No I have a GSM iPhone 5 that I buy it from the Canadian Apple store.

I repeat that my problem is not with the signal. When the signal return, the 3G does not return until I restart the phone (or uninstall and reinstall the sim)

CN

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.