Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:20 PM   #1
sixteen12
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Rowmote Android Equivalents

Does anybody know if Android offers an equivalent to the Rowmote app on iOS. Essentially it acts as a keyboard, and mouse for my computers. It can launch apps and act as a remote for any program that uses it. Its awesome for my home theater set up and a huge reason I love my iPhone and iPad.

Does Android have something that does the equivalent, preferably with OSX as I use it more than Windows.
sixteen12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:10 PM   #2
viskon
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixteen12 View Post
Does anybody know if Android offers an equivalent to the Rowmote app on iOS. Essentially it acts as a keyboard, and mouse for my computers. It can launch apps and act as a remote for any program that uses it. Its awesome for my home theater set up and a huge reason I love my iPhone and iPad.

Does Android have something that does the equivalent, preferably with OSX as I use it more than Windows.
Don't know if this is the same, but look up Unified Remote on the Play store or www.unifiedremote.com
viskon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 07:51 PM   #3
evands
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Decatur, GA
I'm the developer of Rowmote. I'm really excited to hear that you're interested in an 'equivalent' to Rowmote on Android, because we're hard at work on an Android version The initial version will support remote control, dock/app launcher, and keyboard functions, a bit of a hybrid between Rowmote and Rowmote Pro; the trackpad/gesture pad part of Rowmote Pro will come later.
evands is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 08:23 PM   #4
slopokdave
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by viskon View Post
Don't know if this is the same, but look up Unified Remote on the Play store or www.unifiedremote.com
I use this. Its so good!
__________________
T-Mobile Sony Z1S, Macbook Pro Retina (13.3" 2013)
slopokdave is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:17 PM   #5
xmo
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Awesome app

Mate, I can tell you Rowmote is one of the reasons I havent kicked my iphone yet. I changed to Android on tablet and im so looking forwrd for Rowmote on Android. Is just one of the best apps for iphone. Perfect in all senses. Love it.
xmo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2014, 02:32 PM   #6
niceguy1430
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by evands View Post
I'm the developer of Rowmote. I'm really excited to hear that you're interested in an 'equivalent' to Rowmote on Android, because we're hard at work on an Android version The initial version will support remote control, dock/app launcher, and keyboard functions, a bit of a hybrid between Rowmote and Rowmote Pro; the trackpad/gesture pad part of Rowmote Pro will come later.
Finally bought Rowmote on my new android and junked iphone, last vestige/remnant for it loitering around was that it had Rowmote for my apple tv. Now that Rowmote is there on android, out went the iphone
niceguy1430 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:13 PM   #7
niceguy1430
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by evands View Post
I'm the developer of Rowmote. I'm really excited to hear that you're interested in an 'equivalent' to Rowmote on Android, because we're hard at work on an Android version The initial version will support remote control, dock/app launcher, and keyboard functions, a bit of a hybrid between Rowmote and Rowmote Pro; the trackpad/gesture pad part of Rowmote Pro will come later.
hi just to let u know that while Rowmote android connects to my jailbroken apple tv the DOWN button does not work and the 4 menu icons below dont work, am I doing something wrong?
niceguy1430 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rowmote kills my iPhone's wifi cosmichobo iPhone and iPod touch Apps 0 May 17, 2014 08:05 AM
OSX equivalents of iOS photography apps lukejc1 Mac Applications and Mac App Store 3 Mar 4, 2014 01:32 PM
mobile OSs: Windows Phone 8 or Android (if Android's design makes you cringe)? CyanLite Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 60 Jan 5, 2014 06:58 PM
iPad: Ipad equivalents to Compose and Tap to Widgets? rhino89 Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 0 Apr 13, 2013 10:52 PM
VLC Playlists via Rowmote? cosmichobo Mac Applications and Mac App Store 0 Jan 23, 2013 10:54 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC