Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benjas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
Recently bought a couple of K619, which is the K618 but with integrated mic/controls for handling calls on the iPhone. I'm pretty happy with the sound and comfort of the headphones, however, I found one thing with the design that really, really annoys me; the jack/connection on the cable is so thick, that there is no chance it will fit into your iPhone if you have a bumper or shell on! In fact, it is thicker than the iPhone 5 itself! This means I have to add yet another cable in between. Which I have to carry around, and connect each time...

Now what made me mad was I contacted Harman and told them about this. Their response was first to ask me where I was located. After answering that, their reply was to contact Apple to solve this issue (!).

There you go....

Oofie

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Well, it was designed for the iPhone and not the iPhone with a bumper. Can you just imagine HK designing their headphones to fit all kinds of bumpers?

I was at the Apple Store the other day and saw a guy complaining that his lightning adapter wasnt working and it was defective. The genius who was helping him asked if he tried taking out his phone from the bumper. The guy said no. Magically, the adapter was working after the phone was taken out of the case.

benjas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
Well...

...in this case it would be very simple to make the connection thin, just like any other headset...it's not about designing it for the bumper....sigh...

I would say his bumper was crap if it was not adapted to a standard apple accessory ... mine (and most bumpers/cases) allow for connections of any normal accessory...

hleewell

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2009
Recently bought a couple of K619, which is the K618 but with integrated mic/controls for handling calls on the iPhone. I'm pretty happy with the sound and comfort of the headphones, however, I found one thing with the design that really, really annoys me; the jack/connection on the cable is so thick, that there is no chance it will fit into your iPhone if you have a bumper or shell on! In fact, it is thicker than the iPhone 5 itself! This means I have to add yet another cable in between. Which I have to carry around, and connect each time...

Now what made me mad was I contacted Harman and told them about this. Their response was first to ask me where I was located. After answering that, their reply was to contact Apple to solve this issue (!).

There you go....
Talking about AKG: how is the headphones? This seems to bethe recently relased model...?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.