Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:41 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Apple Sending Out iTunes Match Renewal Notices to U.S. Users

With two weeks to go until the one-year anniversary of the public launch of iTunes Match in the United States, Apple is sending out emails reminding user who have opted for auto-renewal that their credit cards will be charged the next $24.99 annual fee on November 14.
Quote:
Continue to enjoy your entire music collection in iCloud on your iOS devices, iTunes, and Apple TV. iTunes Match stores not only your songs purchased on the iTunes Store, but all of the other great music you have acquired over the years, including music from CDs.

This is just a reminder that your subscription for iTunes Match will automatically renew on 11/14/12 and you will be charged $24.99 at that time. To view your subscription or change your auto-renewal settings, sign in to iTunes on your computer and go to your Account Information page.
Additional information on subscribing to iTunes Match or turning off auto-renewal is available in an Apple support document.

Article Link: Apple Sending Out iTunes Match Renewal Notices to U.S. Users
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:43 PM   #2
pellets007
macrumors 6502a

With as much trouble as I had with it, I don't think I'll be renewing.
pellets007 is offline   23 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:43 PM   #3
Orange Crane
macrumors 6502

It's been a stupid crock sometimes but all in all it's been nice to access my music on all devices, on the work computer, etc. now that they don't insist on streaming me the "clean" versions of songs.
Orange Crane is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:43 PM   #4
seamer
macrumors 6502

For as much as I love Match, I just wish it matched available music a lot better than it currently does. Blows having 13 out of 14 matched from the same single CD album, with the 14th being unrecognized.
seamer is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:46 PM   #5
Junipr
macrumors member

bring on the "pandora-killer" already!
Junipr is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:46 PM   #6
nuckinfutz
macrumors 603

Apple should be giving a free 6 months to people. It wasn't as if iTunes mis-match was problem free. Frankly it's screwed up my library (wrt to explicit songs being matched incorrectly) and cost me a lot of time.
nuckinfutz is offline   13 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:46 PM   #7
Oman
macrumors regular

I received this notice over a month or more ago. I wil lbe renewing. I love iTunes match. Having my music on all my devices is great!
Oman is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:46 PM   #8
DarkWinter
macrumors member

In other news, some people today received some iTunes receipts...
DarkWinter is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:47 PM   #9
drdidg
macrumors newbie

Already Cancelled

After my iPhone started to delete new songs on me after about a month after purchase, I decided to cancel my sub. I was close to the limit with 24900 or so songs, so may have been kicked soon anyway. Redownloading was not a viable fix as they suggest, but rather a weak work around for a larger underlying problem. I was not the only one with the issue as many others had it and reported it on their forums.
drdidg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:48 PM   #10
mattopotamus
macrumors 603

can itunes match be used for movies?
mattopotamus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:49 PM   #11
John.B
macrumors 68040

I still haven't signed up for this. I finally was ready to pull the trigger when iOS 6 was released -- until I found out the ability to manage songs on iOS devices had been gimped. I think I'll wait to see how this shakes out with the new iTunes.

MA497LL/A FB463LL/A MC572LL/A FC060LL/A MD481LL/A MD388LL/A ME344LL/A
John.B is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:49 PM   #12
Fruit Cake
macrumors 6502a

Slow news day?
Fruit Cake is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:50 PM   #13
Ludatyk
macrumors regular

Although there's been a few hiccups in the first year.. Maybe as time goes on.. Apple will iron out the bugs.. and now that iTunes 11 is approaching. I'm sure it will be better..

So, I'll be renewing..
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:50 PM   #14
BJMRamage
macrumors 65816

too bad it was for 25,000 or less songs.
I cannot match my library of music. (still have binders of music waiting to be imported)

And for what it is worth, if I've wanted a song/album, i try and remember when I am at home and boom have it the next day. so $25 saved.
BJMRamage is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:52 PM   #15
charlituna
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellets007 View Post
With as much trouble as I had with it, I don't think I'll be renewing.
Folks like you are why they are sending out the emails. Once the auto-renew kicks in you are stuck. By the terms you agreed to when you signed up, they have the right as given by you to auto renew if you don't tell them not to. But you'd forget your anniversary date, get charged and call and yell at them. So they remind you that said date is coming up and if you forget that's on you.

It's a clever move and a good one. Although it won't stop all the folks from forgetting and complaining but it should stop a few.
charlituna is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:53 PM   #16
TunesFan
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattopotamus View Post
No. It's just for music
http://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-match/
TunesFan is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:53 PM   #17
Nungster
macrumors regular

Quote:
no
Nungster is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:53 PM   #18
charlituna
macrumors 604

Quote:
Nope. no video.

probably won't ever be because the studios will never allow that. Not unless they charge way more than $25 a year. $1000 a year would be more to the studios likely. And a limit of 200 movies or tv shows.
charlituna is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:55 PM   #19
tekno
Banned

"News and rumors you care about"

I imagine the only people that 'care about' this are iTunes Match subscribers. And they'll be getting the email.

Really don't see why this is on the front page.
tekno is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:55 PM   #20
tarasis
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJMRamage View Post
too bad it was for 25,000 or less songs.
I cannot match my library of music. (still have binders of music waiting to be imported)
Same issue for me, I have 26,000 tracks and it won't let me sign up. I'd pay a bit more if they offered the option but they don't so I'm considering trying Amazon's solution.

Most of my stuff won't match as its soundtracks, many are limited editions and aren't available digitally anywhere so iTunes doesn't have a hope in hell of recognizing them.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:57 PM   #21
peterh988
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamer View Post
For as much as I love Match, I just wish it matched available music a lot better than it currently does. Blows having 13 out of 14 matched from the same single CD album, with the 14th being unrecognized.
Funnily enough, I had that happen just today, but upon checking, the errant track was labelled 'album only' by the iTunes store buying option. I should probably check other 'one track missing' albums to see if there's a similar reason.

Works well enough for my needs, though.
peterh988 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:57 PM   #22
Feed Me
Banned

BREAKING: Apple sends bill reminders a year after people sign up to yearly service.
Feed Me is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:57 PM   #23
jontech
macrumors 6502

Great for all the free Amazon music I get

on a side note, Amazon really sucks now, makes you register your computers....
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:58 PM   #24
bushido
macrumors 601

already got this mail over 3 weeks ago

never use it on my iDevices tho, i personally think the service sucks and needs so many improvements i cant even be bothered to list them all. the only reason for me to renew is cuz i only got a 128 gb ssd built in and its perfect to store tunes i barely listen to any more
bushido is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:59 PM   #25
chuckd83
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekno View Post
"News and rumors you care about"

I imagine the only people that 'care about' this are iTunes Match subscribers. And they'll be getting the email.

Really don't see why this is on the front page.
It's a holiday. Halloween for kids, Reformation Day for Puritans, iTunes Match Renewal for Apple fans.
chuckd83 is offline   4 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion