Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 4, 2012, 05:40 PM   #76
Thegolem
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xofruitcake View Post
heh heh, so anyone who make superior product that make a lot of money is greedy in your book? Did you ever ask for a raise? So if you do a good job and ask for raising that is more than your peer, you are greedy too? 8-)

I can understand you don't want a Mac because it is higher price. I don't either. I have a PC, a window laptop, an Samsung Infuse, and an Ipad 3. So I buy what is valuable to me. But to label Apple greedy just because they produce a superior product that a segment of consumer want and willing to pay the higher price is hypocritical. We price our own labor the same way. I don't want to work for minimum wage if I can find a better job offering. I charge what the labor market will bare for my service and so is Apple and any other commercial companies in the world.
If i was running Apple i wouldn't sell the Mac at such a premium. I'd want to price it above cheap crap Windows PC's 'cause it's so much nicer a product but not three times as much!
Thegolem is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 01:00 PM   #77
olegandbuster25
macrumors 6502

Send a message via Skype™ to olegandbuster25
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeinhd View Post
Not to mention it's crippled by the usual 13" issues: dual core, integrated GPU, miniscule storage, and a pathetic RAM limit. Why Apple won't allow you to spec it up to match a 15" is beyond me.
probably a space issue. which is also why it took longer to release the 13 inch
plus it IS cheaper...so they gotta save on something

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macboy Pro View Post
You think $1699 for a 8GB 128GB SSD laptop is reasonable? HOLY CRAP!
1. its an apple product, it will be reliable, beautiful, and useful for the next 5 years.

2. RETINA DISPLAY and flash... gotta expect a price jump there

3. not exactly.. so a coupe hundred extra for a 15 inch is more reasonable
Old Nov 7, 2012, 06:53 AM   #78
lifeinhd
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by olegandbuster25 View Post
probably a space issue. which is also why it took longer to release the 13 inch
plus it IS cheaper...so they gotta save on something
I would expect a 13" machine to cost less than a 15", assuming the same internals. Even if they needed to cut performance for the sake of price, there's no reason for them to not allow you to spec it up to match a 15" Retina. Yet they don't.

And if it's a space issue... nobody asked them to make it 0.0000001" thick

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion