Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:38 PM   #1
penajmz
macrumors 6502a

Deliveries in the NY/NJ area?

Does anyone have any idea if Fedex/UPS will be making deliveries in these areas since Sandy has crippled us? If you go to their website they have an Excel file you can download to see affected areas but is not clear if they are making deliveries or not...

http://www.fedex.com/us/servicealerts/
penajmz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:46 PM   #2
nStyle
macrumors 6502a

Get your tracking # and call them... only way you will know...
nStyle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:54 PM   #3
GeorgieAcevedo
macrumors 6502a

Idk
GeorgieAcevedo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:04 PM   #4
zackify
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to zackify
Quote:
Originally Posted by penajmz View Post
Does anyone have any idea if Fedex/UPS will be making deliveries in these areas since Sandy has crippled us? If you go to their website they have an Excel file you can download to see affected areas but is not clear if they are making deliveries or not...

http://www.fedex.com/us/servicealerts/
Track by reference and put in your phone number linked to your apple id and check what the tracking says.
zackify is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:15 PM   #5
iHeartsteve
macrumors 6502a

I was wondering when someone would bring up this topic. Hope you guys get your ipads on time!
MacBook Pro | 15 Retina Display
iHeartsteve is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:16 PM   #6
swandy
macrumors newbie

My Ups tracking says mine is in Louisville KY and still lists delivery for Friday. My cover is in Secausus NJ and was supposed to be delivered yesterday but we know that was not gonna happen.
swandy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:28 PM   #7
penajmz
macrumors 6502a

My delivery date still says 11/2 but I'm concerned since we know the situation around here is not good at all. Well if I get it Friday, I get it. If not I can wait a few days.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:31 PM   #8
zackify
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHeartsteve View Post
I was wondering when someone would bring up this topic. Hope you guys get your ipads on time!
I actually posted this earlier and a mod deleted it!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:39 PM   #9
draughn101
macrumors member

I live on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. I've seen a few UPS trucks delivering up here over the last two days, although no Fedex yet (and mine's shipping Fedex). Thanks for posting that link. It seems like the zip code just includes all zip codes within the cities listed. My tracker has listed my Mini in Middletown for the last 5 days.

This snippet from their website gives me a little hope, "Note that potential service disruptions may not affect FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Freight, FedEx Office, etc. the same. This may result in different levels of impact as well as cities, states and ZIP Codes serviced."
draughn101 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:44 PM   #10
volboi85
macrumors newbie

My Smart Cover was supposed to deliver via UPS today. It said "Out for Delivery" all day. Then at 6pm it changed to "Delayed for Weather" it was originally supposed to arrive on Monday (which obviously wasn't going to happen) I would guess the minis won't arrive on Friday. I saw UPS trucks out in Brooklyn today, so I'm guessing they're very backlogged from the past 3 days.
volboi85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:48 PM   #11
draughn101
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volboi85 View Post
My Smart Cover was supposed to deliver via UPS today. It said "Out for Delivery" all day. Then at 6pm it changed to "Delayed for Weather" it was originally supposed to arrive on Monday (which obviously wasn't going to happen) I would guess the minis won't arrive on Friday. I saw UPS trucks out in Brooklyn today, so I'm guessing they're very backlogged from the past 3 days.
You live in BK?

These are considered Overnight packages, so they'll come on Fedex's Express trucks, they shouldn't be lumped in with the standard shipments. I know the Overnights will be backlogged as well, but we should still have a good chance of getting these Friday.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:49 PM   #12
penajmz
macrumors 6502a

I guess it will depend on an area basis. It will all depend on how affected the different areas are. The Bronx (Where my Mini is going, at work) was not really affected and I'm hoping it will come Friday.

We shall see.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:36 PM   #13
iHeartsteve
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackify View Post
I actually posted this earlier and a mod deleted it!
wow, why did they delete it???!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:58 PM   #14
volboi85
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by draughn101 View Post
You live in BK?

These are considered Overnight packages, so they'll come on Fedex's Express trucks, they shouldn't be lumped in with the standard shipments. I know the Overnights will be backlogged as well, but we should still have a good chance of getting these Friday.
Yeah, in BK. My mini is coming UPS. Hopefully you'll have good luck with Fed Ex.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:04 PM   #15
zackify
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHeartsteve View Post
wow, why did they delete it???!
I honestly don't know! I had just asked if those on the east coast will still get their iPads on 11/2!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:25 PM   #16
iHeartsteve
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackify View Post
I honestly don't know! I had just asked if those on the east coast will still get their iPads on 11/2!
very odd...
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:37 PM   #17
k3ith
macrumors member

I just got an email from UPS saying my ipad has left KY and on the way to NYC with an expected delivery date of 11/2. The only problem is my work is without power and I was having it shipped there.

Online, there's no option to have the address changed to my home in BK. And to have it shipped to a UPS store or picked up at a central hub still puts me at a Monday delivery. Looks like I'm out of luck until work gets back going.
k3ith is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:48 PM   #18
draughn101
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3ith View Post
I just got an email from UPS saying my ipad has left KY and on the way to NYC with an expected delivery date of 11/2. The only problem is my work is without power and I was having it shipped there.

Online, there's no option to have the address changed to my home in BK. And to have it shipped to a UPS store or picked up at a central hub still puts me at a Monday delivery. Looks like I'm out of luck until work gets back going.
This is extreme, but you can hang out downtown and catch the guy as he's attempting to make deliveries. If you have an ID they'll let you sign for it. It's going to be interesting to see how UPS deals with all the closed businesses. Did you call them to schedule an in store delivery or just online?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:58 PM   #19
k3ith
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by draughn101 View Post
This is extreme, but you can hang out downtown and catch the guy as he's attempting to make deliveries. If you have an ID they'll let you sign for it. It's going to be interesting to see how UPS deals with all the closed businesses. Did you call them to schedule an in store delivery or just online?
Yeah, I can't do that because there's no way for me to get into manhattan. It's a huge mess here!

I'm going to call tomorrow to see what can be done, but another painful part of the story is that my license is expired and I'm afraid that's going to make picking up at another location really difficult.

Like I said, not the best case scenario, but happy to be safe and sound. Waiting sucks (that's why I preordered), so thinking of going and buying one on launch day and returning the one in the mail when I finally get it. Or maybe that's a little extreme too? Haha
k3ith is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:03 AM   #20
draughn101
macrumors member

Quote:
Yeah, I can't do that because there's no way for me to get into manhattan. It's a huge mess here!

I'm going to call tomorrow to see what can be done, but another painful part of the story is that my license is expired and I'm afraid that's going to make picking up at another location really difficult.

Like I said, not the best case scenario, but happy to be safe and sound. Waiting sucks (that's why I preordered), so thinking of going and buying one on launch day and returning the one in the mail when I finally get it. Or maybe that's a little extreme too? Haha
Lol, I gotcha. I live on the Upper West Side, so I'm not too bad off. You should be ok with the license thing. If you have a credit card or a piece of mail with your name/address you'll be good. I bet they'll work with you. Good luck!
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:09 AM   #21
Caliber26
macrumors 65816

delete

Last edited by Caliber26; Nov 1, 2012 at 12:19 AM.
Caliber26 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 02:46 AM   #22
volboi85
macrumors newbie

Quote:

You don't want to line up on the BK Bridge to hitch a ride in? ;-) I appreciate Bloomberg trying to reduce traffic, but the three passenger rule seems like a headache. My mini is still in Louisville. I'm assuming mine will deliver late to very late. I may try my luck at getting in line on launch day, but I'm not sure if its worth the headache. :-/
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:41 AM   #23
mobutt
macrumors regular

I wonder if the stores will have em
mobutt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:35 AM   #24
nkawal
macrumors member

Got my Fedex tracking for the 2 ipads minis i ordered. I had them shipped to my office in westbury LI. I just got another delivery from fedex here, so I am guessing i should get them tomorrow.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:35 AM   #25
Tommyzors
macrumors newbie

I just called Apple to redirect my package from my work to my house without a issue. They also confirm that it will still be on time for tomorrow too, so you might as well give that a try.
Tommyzors is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad