Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wontquit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2012
I'll be keeping my iphone 5 in my stomach area pocket while snowboarding. I want something to protect it incase I fall on it, but I can't have anything too heavy. So I need good protection with no added weight. Suggestions?

gpsouza

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2012
Lisbon
I'll be keeping my iphone 5 in my stomach area pocket while snowboarding. I want something to protect it incase I fall on it, but I can't have anything too heavy. So I need good protection with no added weight. Suggestions?

http://www.lifeproof.com/iphone-5/

I use this case with my iPhone 4S, it does not add so much weight, but of course it adds something.

But it is snow & waterproof lol

bluerocka

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2009
maybe not quite what you're looking for.. but when i snowboard i just put my phone inside a plastic sandwich bag. it keeps the water out and the phone dry and you can also use the phone through the plastic bag (i do this when i go to the beach too). i've never had any terrible falls snowboarding but unless you are boarding on ice you shouldnt have any problems with it breaking in the case of a fall...

IAmTroll

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012

What you are asking for is a contradiction. You can't have the best of both worlds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.