Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:50 AM   #151
Drunken Master
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjhiyi View Post
Agree about the TV UI. I've got the original and considered upgrading but used my brother's the other day. Couldn't belive that something as basic as download progress was hidden away in the settings, amongst other issues.
I just don't get who approved it?

I'm not trying to disparage their hard work. I could never write code and create a UI for an Apple product. But you can work real hard digging out a drinking well with just a spoon; it doesn't mean it was a good idea though.

Last edited by Drunken Master; Nov 2, 2012 at 11:01 AM.
Drunken Master is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:35 PM   #152
Dorje Sylas
macrumors 6502

In a way this reminds of when Steve got kicked out of Apple, but like 10 steps before he tried to oust Sculley. Steve was also know for being rather stubborn, bossy, and (if one wanted go to an extreme) petulant. The restraint Jobs learned in his exile brought us Pixar and eventually the underpinning of NeXT into Apple and ultimately OSX, and thus iOS.

If the rumors of Forstall being as rancorous with both staff and management are even partway true, then perhaps this will be good for both him and Apple in the long run. Steve learned you can be a bossy blowhard, but you have to be nice bossy blowhard.

Just so long as Cook keeps an eye on Google and Microsoft... especially if MS can get its own house in order and pull its Phone/Tablet/Desktop/Server elements together in a cohesive and mutually supportive package.
Dorje Sylas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 05:06 PM   #153
Artey
macrumors member

Thank god Ive is in control of software design now. Now maybe they can get rid of those awful Forstall abominations that infected Find My Friends and other apps.
Artey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:28 PM   #154
Mac-guru
macrumors newbie

I just found this picture ...

Can you imagine the conversation
Mac-guru is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 01:55 PM   #155
gto55
macrumors 6502a

For those who understand french, a 75 minutes multi-interview between mac journalists, a former apple engineer, JL Frechin a designer close to J. Ive.

gto55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 02:14 PM   #156
IGregory
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-guru View Post
I just found this picture ...

Can you imagine the conversation
Well, I could say any number of things and they all would be untrue because, who the hell knows what they are talking about. As far as I known they are taking about some hot busty chick who is not in the camera field of view.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:55 AM   #157
Gallion
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFather View Post
Steve would have never fired Scott.

Who knows, maybe he changed, ego'ed up, got a big head and started seeing himself as the next Apple big shot since Steve died.
Gallion is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:30 AM   #158
Gallion
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJMRamage View Post
Bingo. Forstall seemed odd and somewhat pompous when I saw him in photos/videos. most other executives seem on a normal feel, but Forstall looked a tad crazy.
I got that simply from this pic. The only pic I ever seen of Forstall. It's just written "Pompous, thinks he's a big shot, a dick to everyone" all over his face.

Gallion is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion