Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:45 AM   #1
asarway
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
when is mid-november for apple

I ordered the iPad mini 64gb-cellular black/slate and it says ship mid November...What is mid november???
asarway is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:45 AM   #2
Spungoflex
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
The 30th.
Spungoflex is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:05 AM   #3
djransom
macrumors 68040
 
djransom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chi-Town
Mid-November to me would indicate the 15th-20th, but I could be wrong and Apple could be completely different.
__________________
Live and love life
djransom is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:07 AM   #4
darngooddesign
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Mid Month refers to 1/4 - 3/4 of the way through a month.
__________________
64 giggity... giggity... gigg-i-ty
Lego Apple Store
darngooddesign is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:35 AM   #5
emgoodman
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Most pre-orders for the Mini and 4th gen originally listed Nob. 23 or 26th as ship dates. When Apple changed all of these to mid November the writers all thought this was a bad thing and that the ship dates had slipped. To me, if the actually ship dates were likely to be later than that than Apple wouldn't say "mid-November." They try to under promise and then over deliver. I can't believe they would tell buyers "mid-November" (which to me means between the 2nd-3rd weeks) and then not ship to much later in the month.
emgoodman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 01:21 PM   #6
temna
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2008
Angry Mid November my patootie!

Mid-November? I got mine in at 1:03 local time (two minutes into the presale), and mine says shipping late November! This is rediculous that I will have to probably wait a full month from the WiFi's release to get mine just because I want cellular. Apple needs to sort out their supply chain, I can't see there being a real decent excuse for this delay. If I'm willing to pay for it, I should be in the same queue as the wifi buyers!
__________________
MacBook Air 11, i5 1.4, 4GB, 256GB
iPad mini retina slate 128gb LTE with Logitech Ultrathin keyboard
temna is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 01:53 PM   #7
Spungoflex
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by temna View Post
Mid-November? I got mine in at 1:03 local time (two minutes into the presale), and mine says shipping late November! This is rediculous that I will have to probably wait a full month from the WiFi's release to get mine just because I want cellular. Apple needs to sort out their supply chain, I can't see there being a real decent excuse for this delay. If I'm willing to pay for it, I should be in the same queue as the wifi buyers!
You knew before you ordered that it wouldn't be ready until mid-november. I'm willing to pay for the mini 2 with retina, but that's not ready yet either.
Spungoflex is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 02:18 PM   #8
temna
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spungoflex View Post
You knew before you ordered that it wouldn't be ready until mid-november. I'm willing to pay for the mini 2 with retina, but that's not ready yet either.
Did you miss where I said it's telling me LATE November? Plus, did you miss where I said they shouldn't have split the release like this? Newbies!
__________________
MacBook Air 11, i5 1.4, 4GB, 256GB
iPad mini retina slate 128gb LTE with Logitech Ultrathin keyboard
temna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 02:23 PM   #9
reputationZed
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: 3455′42″N 8044′41″W (34.928201, -80.744835)
IIRC the ships by date has always been mid November. For a number of days the delivers by date was 23 November, but the delivers by date has now disappeared. There are a couple of posts on this forum indicating Apple dropped the delivers by date out of concern that Sandra may have jacked up FedEx's ability to deliver within their normal delivery times. We may see out mini's ship in mid November but with the Thanksgiving holiday and the chaos caused by Sandy may not see them until after the 23rd. In the post I read the OP was told by Apple that the delays would not be only on the east coast, that the storm had jacked up shipping schedules nation wide.
reputationZed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 02:27 PM   #10
temna
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by reputationZed View Post
IIRC the ships by date has always been mid November. For a number of days the delivers by date was 23 November, but the delivers by date has now disappeared. There are a couple of posts on this forum indicating Apple dropped the delivers by date out of concern that Sandra may have jacked up FedEx's ability to deliver within their normal delivery times. We may see out mini's ship in mid November but with the Thanksgiving holiday and the chaos caused by Sandy may not see them until after the 23rd. In the post I read the OP was told by Apple that the delays would not be only on the east coast, that the storm had jacked up shipping schedules nation wide.
Why is everyone saying mid November? Mine says ***LATE*** November.. And I was only two minutes into the presale.

L_A_T_E
__________________
MacBook Air 11, i5 1.4, 4GB, 256GB
iPad mini retina slate 128gb LTE with Logitech Ultrathin keyboard
temna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 02:45 PM   #11
jm5309
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by temna View Post
Mid-November? I got mine in at 1:03 local time (two minutes into the presale), and mine says shipping late November! This is rediculous that I will have to probably wait a full month from the WiFi's release to get mine just because I want cellular. Apple needs to sort out their supply chain, I can't see there being a real decent excuse for this delay. If I'm willing to pay for it, I should be in the same queue as the wifi buyers!
I feel the same way. I wish they'd release all of them at the same time. I know it's been this way for every iPad release, but it does take some of the fun out of it when you have to wait because you want cellular, which I always do.
jm5309 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 02:50 PM   #12
reputationZed
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: 3455′42″N 8044′41″W (34.928201, -80.744835)
Quote:
Originally Posted by temna View Post
Why is everyone saying mid November? Mine says ***LATE*** November.. And I was only two minutes into the presale.

L_A_T_E
Because my order status says Mid November. I ordered an hour or so after ordering started. No idea why yours says late November. You may want to call Apple as they're the only ones who can answer your question.
reputationZed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 02:52 PM   #13
noisycats
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: This is the place
15 November. Plus or minus a couple weeks.
noisycats is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 03:06 PM   #14
reputationZed
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: 3455′42″N 8044′41″W (34.928201, -80.744835)
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisycats View Post
15 November. Plus or minus a couple weeks.
Wish they had just said "the ides of November" doesn't have the same poetic impact as March but certainly better the 'the middle of'
reputationZed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 03:25 PM   #15
Baggio
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by temna View Post
Mid-November? I got mine in at 1:03 local time (two minutes into the presale), and mine says shipping late November! This is rediculous that I will have to probably wait a full month from the WiFi's release to get mine just because I want cellular. Apple needs to sort out their supply chain, I can't see there being a real decent excuse for this delay. If I'm willing to pay for it, I should be in the same queue as the wifi buyers!
I am Eastern time here in the US. I ordered it Friday morning around 10:42 AM Eastern time and I got the "available to ship mid November". I did originally have Nov 23rd delivery date, but that has disappeared.
Baggio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 03:29 PM   #16
mac jones
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
11/15/12 noon us pst
mac jones is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 03:33 PM   #17
Txjole
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
They start shipping on the 16th (mid-Nov) all Apple releases are on Fridays. The status got changed because of the storm Sandy. If you have standard shipping and Sandy did not effect the shipping (no one knows yet) you should have it on the 23rd. If you got next day aiir you should have it on the 19th.
Txjole is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 06:48 PM   #18
cang87
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
So except the deliveries, when do you think that Cellular iPad's will be available in the stores? 16th Nov. ?
__________________
- C.G -
iPhone 5 - Black, 32 GB
iPad Mini - White, 64 GB - Wi-fi + Cellular
Retina MacBook Pro 15'', 2.3 Ghz Quad-Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD
cang87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 07:30 PM   #19
Eragon
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txjole View Post
They start shipping on the 16th (mid-Nov) all Apple releases are on Fridays. The status got changed because of the storm Sandy. If you have standard shipping and Sandy did not effect the shipping (no one knows yet) you should have it on the 23rd. If you got next day aiir you should have it on the 19th.
Your post makes a lot of sense. I am really curious, though. New iPhones deliver on the release date. The iPad Mini WiFi delivers on the 11/2 release date. Is the 11/16 date not the release date for the cellular?

All we've been told is it ships around the middle of November. Something doesn't seem right.
Eragon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 02:57 AM   #20
MS2083
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
It would have to be the week of Nov 12th to Nov 16th, right before Thanksgiving and Black Friday of course!
MS2083 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 03:37 AM   #21
iHeartsteve
macrumors 6502a
 
iHeartsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
bummer. just called and the LTE versions won't come out until the 9th!! I'm surprised they still had the launch a week early. Usually they wait until they have all the models at the same time.

Apple is really just going after money....I want steve jobs back.
__________________
iPhone5 64G
iPad3 32G LTE
AppleTV3 | iPad mini 16G LTE
MacBook Pro | 15 Retina Display
iHeartsteve is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:48 AM   #22
cang87
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHeartsteve View Post
bummer. just called and the LTE versions won't come out until the 9th!! I'm surprised they still had the launch a week early. Usually they wait until they have all the models at the same time.

Apple is really just going after money....I want steve jobs back.
What do you mean with 9th? So is it going to be released on 9th Nov. or what? I mean from the Apple Stores?
__________________
- C.G -
iPhone 5 - Black, 32 GB
iPad Mini - White, 64 GB - Wi-fi + Cellular
Retina MacBook Pro 15'', 2.3 Ghz Quad-Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD
cang87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 09:49 PM   #23
asarway
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
dates

i called and they said the 9th to the 14 but the dates we have so far are

9, 14, 16, 21,28 wich one is the most probable
asarway is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:21 PM   #24
cang87
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by asarway View Post
i called and they said the 9th to the 14 but the dates we have so far are

9, 14, 16, 21,28 wich one is the most probable
The only thing concerning me is that they pushed up the delivery date of pre-ordered ones. Otherwise I would say 16th but now 21st is more possible.
__________________
- C.G -
iPhone 5 - Black, 32 GB
iPad Mini - White, 64 GB - Wi-fi + Cellular
Retina MacBook Pro 15'', 2.3 Ghz Quad-Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD
cang87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:31 PM   #25
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3
 
Chupa Chupa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Guessing the 16th... a Friday for store launch.
__________________
Walled Garden ≠ Prison:
"People who use Apple products considered their options, and chose Apple. If they regret their decision, they can dump it at any time." -- Harry McCracken, Technologizer.com
Chupa Chupa is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple TV software update - 18th November? zen Apple TV and Home Theater 5 Nov 19, 2013 12:02 PM
Updated MacBook Pros, iPads, and Mac Pro All Reportedly Expected by Mid-November MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 148 Oct 16, 2013 09:46 PM
iPad Mini: I don't consider Nov 26th mid November! FrancoRumors iPad 7 Nov 16, 2012 09:38 PM
iMacs to be released mid november? TylerJennings iMac 32 Nov 7, 2012 02:40 AM
iPad Mini: Mid November? Eric5964 iPad 3 Nov 6, 2012 10:35 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps