Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:45 AM   #1
asarway
macrumors newbie

when is mid-november for apple

I ordered the iPad mini 64gb-cellular black/slate and it says ship mid November...What is mid november???
asarway is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:45 AM   #2
Spungoflex
macrumors regular

The 30th.
Spungoflex is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:05 AM   #3
djransom
macrumors 68040

Mid-November to me would indicate the 15th-20th, but I could be wrong and Apple could be completely different.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:07 AM   #4
darngooddesign
macrumors G3

Mid Month refers to 1/4 - 3/4 of the way through a month.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:35 AM   #5
emgoodman
macrumors regular

Most pre-orders for the Mini and 4th gen originally listed Nob. 23 or 26th as ship dates. When Apple changed all of these to mid November the writers all thought this was a bad thing and that the ship dates had slipped. To me, if the actually ship dates were likely to be later than that than Apple wouldn't say "mid-November." They try to under promise and then over deliver. I can't believe they would tell buyers "mid-November" (which to me means between the 2nd-3rd weeks) and then not ship to much later in the month.
emgoodman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 01:21 PM   #6
temna
macrumors regular

Angry Mid November my patootie!

Mid-November? I got mine in at 1:03 local time (two minutes into the presale), and mine says shipping late November! This is rediculous that I will have to probably wait a full month from the WiFi's release to get mine just because I want cellular. Apple needs to sort out their supply chain, I can't see there being a real decent excuse for this delay. If I'm willing to pay for it, I should be in the same queue as the wifi buyers!
Old Nov 1, 2012, 01:53 PM   #7
Spungoflex
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by temna View Post
Mid-November? I got mine in at 1:03 local time (two minutes into the presale), and mine says shipping late November! This is rediculous that I will have to probably wait a full month from the WiFi's release to get mine just because I want cellular. Apple needs to sort out their supply chain, I can't see there being a real decent excuse for this delay. If I'm willing to pay for it, I should be in the same queue as the wifi buyers!
You knew before you ordered that it wouldn't be ready until mid-november. I'm willing to pay for the mini 2 with retina, but that's not ready yet either.
Spungoflex is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 02:18 PM   #8
temna
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spungoflex View Post
You knew before you ordered that it wouldn't be ready until mid-november. I'm willing to pay for the mini 2 with retina, but that's not ready yet either.
Did you miss where I said it's telling me LATE November? Plus, did you miss where I said they shouldn't have split the release like this? Newbies!
Old Nov 1, 2012, 02:23 PM   #9
reputationZed
macrumors 65816

IIRC the ships by date has always been mid November. For a number of days the delivers by date was 23 November, but the delivers by date has now disappeared. There are a couple of posts on this forum indicating Apple dropped the delivers by date out of concern that Sandra may have jacked up FedEx's ability to deliver within their normal delivery times. We may see out mini's ship in mid November but with the Thanksgiving holiday and the chaos caused by Sandy may not see them until after the 23rd. In the post I read the OP was told by Apple that the delays would not be only on the east coast, that the storm had jacked up shipping schedules nation wide.
reputationZed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 02:27 PM   #10
temna
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by reputationZed View Post
IIRC the ships by date has always been mid November. For a number of days the delivers by date was 23 November, but the delivers by date has now disappeared. There are a couple of posts on this forum indicating Apple dropped the delivers by date out of concern that Sandra may have jacked up FedEx's ability to deliver within their normal delivery times. We may see out mini's ship in mid November but with the Thanksgiving holiday and the chaos caused by Sandy may not see them until after the 23rd. In the post I read the OP was told by Apple that the delays would not be only on the east coast, that the storm had jacked up shipping schedules nation wide.
Why is everyone saying mid November? Mine says ***LATE*** November.. And I was only two minutes into the presale.

L_A_T_E
Old Nov 1, 2012, 02:45 PM   #11
jm5309
macrumors member

Quote:
I feel the same way. I wish they'd release all of them at the same time. I know it's been this way for every iPad release, but it does take some of the fun out of it when you have to wait because you want cellular, which I always do.
jm5309 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 02:50 PM   #12
reputationZed
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Why is everyone saying mid November? Mine says ***LATE*** November.. And I was only two minutes into the presale.

L_A_T_E
Because my order status says Mid November. I ordered an hour or so after ordering started. No idea why yours says late November. You may want to call Apple as they're the only ones who can answer your question.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 02:52 PM   #13
noisycats
macrumors 6502a

15 November. Plus or minus a couple weeks.
noisycats is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 03:06 PM   #14
reputationZed
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisycats View Post
15 November. Plus or minus a couple weeks.
Wish they had just said "the ides of November" doesn't have the same poetic impact as March but certainly better the 'the middle of'
Old Nov 1, 2012, 03:25 PM   #15
Baggio
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I am Eastern time here in the US. I ordered it Friday morning around 10:42 AM Eastern time and I got the "available to ship mid November". I did originally have Nov 23rd delivery date, but that has disappeared.
Baggio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 03:29 PM   #16
mac jones
macrumors 68040

11/15/12 noon us pst
mac jones is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 03:33 PM   #17
Txjole
macrumors member

They start shipping on the 16th (mid-Nov) all Apple releases are on Fridays. The status got changed because of the storm Sandy. If you have standard shipping and Sandy did not effect the shipping (no one knows yet) you should have it on the 23rd. If you got next day aiir you should have it on the 19th.
Txjole is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 06:48 PM   #18
cang87
macrumors member

So except the deliveries, when do you think that Cellular iPad's will be available in the stores? 16th Nov. ?
Retina MacBook Pro 15'', 2.3 Ghz Quad-Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD
cang87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 07:30 PM   #19
Eragon
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txjole View Post
They start shipping on the 16th (mid-Nov) all Apple releases are on Fridays. The status got changed because of the storm Sandy. If you have standard shipping and Sandy did not effect the shipping (no one knows yet) you should have it on the 23rd. If you got next day aiir you should have it on the 19th.
Your post makes a lot of sense. I am really curious, though. New iPhones deliver on the release date. The iPad Mini WiFi delivers on the 11/2 release date. Is the 11/16 date not the release date for the cellular?

All we've been told is it ships around the middle of November. Something doesn't seem right.
Eragon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 02:57 AM   #20
MS2083
macrumors regular

It would have to be the week of Nov 12th to Nov 16th, right before Thanksgiving and Black Friday of course!
MS2083 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 03:37 AM   #21
iHeartsteve
macrumors 6502a

bummer. just called and the LTE versions won't come out until the 9th!! I'm surprised they still had the launch a week early. Usually they wait until they have all the models at the same time.

Apple is really just going after money....I want steve jobs back.
MacBook Pro | 15 Retina Display
iHeartsteve is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:48 AM   #22
cang87
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHeartsteve View Post
bummer. just called and the LTE versions won't come out until the 9th!! I'm surprised they still had the launch a week early. Usually they wait until they have all the models at the same time.

Apple is really just going after money....I want steve jobs back.
What do you mean with 9th? So is it going to be released on 9th Nov. or what? I mean from the Apple Stores?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 09:49 PM   #23
asarway
macrumors newbie

dates

i called and they said the 9th to the 14 but the dates we have so far are

9, 14, 16, 21,28 wich one is the most probable
asarway is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:21 PM   #24
cang87
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarway View Post
i called and they said the 9th to the 14 but the dates we have so far are

9, 14, 16, 21,28 wich one is the most probable
The only thing concerning me is that they pushed up the delivery date of pre-ordered ones. Otherwise I would say 16th but now 21st is more possible.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:31 PM   #25
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

Guessing the 16th... a Friday for store launch.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad