Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:39 PM   #1
Squilly
macrumors 68020

Is Apple Still A Strong Buy?

Investors/analysts on many sites say Apple is going down. There are others that say its the best time to buy after a $60 drop. Do you guys think they will continue dropping or pick back up come the next keynote?
Squilly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:01 PM   #2
mobilehaathi
macrumors 601

I'm maintaining my long position. But ive been long for a while.

I hope you're not planing to take any internet forum advice too seriously.
mobilehaathi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:59 PM   #3
jetlagged
macrumors regular

for the last 4 months now, apple stock has been a downer, hardly any gains even with good economic news. i wouldn't touch apple now. i'm sticking with apple, thats because i lost a lot of money off it because of the selloff yesterday. i have no choice, but if i can figure out a way to break even with apple, i'm selling that stock and i aint looking back.
jetlagged is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:59 PM   #4
ct1211
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlagged View Post
for the last 4 months now, apple stock has been a downer, hardly any gains even with good economic news. i wouldn't touch apple now. i'm sticking with apple, thats because i lost a lot of money off it because of the selloff yesterday. i have no choice, but if i can figure out a way to break even with apple, i'm selling that stock and i aint looking back.
Sell off yesterday? Apple has dropped over $325.00 in the last few months. Apple is the new love to hate company. Report record profits, stock still drops 10% - Not good enough for the street. I see a $400.00 bottom in late feb, followed by a March $200 jump after they announce new gadgets.
ct1211 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:58 PM   #5
Squilly
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct1211 View Post
Sell off yesterday? Apple has dropped over $325.00 in the last few months. Apple is the new love to hate company. Report record profits, stock still drops 10% - Not good enough for the street. I see a $400.00 bottom in late feb, followed by a March $200 jump after they announce new gadgets.
Agreed. Don't know what to expect in the March keynote though.
Squilly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:58 PM   #6
PracticalMac
macrumors 68020

I am getting ready to buy more!
2 shares or so.

Fundamentals are really good, if not excellent, and competition from Android tablets is not really as bad as seems (someone wrote the cheap android tabs hurt the brand).
PracticalMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:12 PM   #7
Badagri
macrumors regular

Quote:
Why? why has this changed all of a sudden? who starts these almost like tantrums and takes the hump in deciding people should boycott them?

Since Christmas all I ever heard was iPhone and iPad's for Christmas rave.

Who sets these trends that decide not to buy...
Badagri is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:32 PM   #8
TheHateMachine
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
It might be record profits but the growth is becoming stagnant. Apple made more money than ever but they made nearly the same amount of profit as the last quarter. They margins are compressed and their cost is on the rise.

That is why people are lowering their valuation of the stock and either dumping it because the ride is over and paying less for it.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion