Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrbunglez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
This case is awesome and they finally added a much needed lanyard attachment point on the bottom left of the case near the headphone port.
Will post more pics soon and a full run down of the product after my 1 hr water test.
azy8emyj.jpg

rtr1985

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
This case is awesome and they finally added a much needed lanyard attachment point on the bottom left of the case near the headphone port.
Will post more pics soon and a full run down of the product after my 1 hr water test.

pics pics pics

RowdyYates

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2010
When did you receive your email allowing you to place an order? Of course I'm assuming you purchased through their website.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Woah, didn't know this was going out just yet. Pics pics pics. Need to see how thick this thing will be. iPhone 5 is so nice when kept thin that I have returned all bulkier cases and am trying to stay as thin as possible this time. Plus now that I got into the glass screen shield craze, I don't know if I can go this way, but I still want to see it.

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
Excited for pics! I got my email but figured I would wait for reviews to place an order.

rtr1985

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
does it still have the open/close 50 times or whatever limit?

Or, can this limitation be remedied by buying O-ring replacements from their site?

Last edited:

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
Great to see you got it!

Can you let us know how the screen feels? Is there a weird space between the case screen and the phone like on the previous model?

mrbunglez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Got my email on Tuesday to order, had it 2 day delivered cause I couldn't wait. Did it all on the LifeProof website.
The screen feels awesome better than the 4/4s case did and the sound kicks major bootay! The mute toggle makes a clicking noise now so you know when it clicks on and off.
There's no limit to how many times you can open the case, just have to do routine maintenance on it when using it in water. Looking at the earpiece section it looks like they took out the gortex.
Best part of the case is that it now has a place to attach a lanyard.
Overall this case gets an A+++ shows that the company is really listening to their customers.

mrbunglez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Here's some pics of it next to a cheap ebay bumper style case to see the difference in length and width.
bydeby7a.jpg

upeze6u3.jpg

y5apyzyt.jpg

mrbunglez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
No the previous case also was changed to unlimited as stated by the CEO. You just have to inspect the seals everytime you open it.

rtr1985

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
No the previous case also was changed to unlimited as stated by the CEO. You just have to inspect the seals everytime you open it.

Cool, thanks.

How's the voice transmission on both ends for this iteration?

mrbunglez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Another thing I noticed is that the headphone bung is recessed so the case looks sleeker, only difficulty is unscrewing it with the pad of a finger.

bwsteg

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2012
Queens NY
Can you please take a few pics side by side with the iphone? I want to see how much bulk it adds since I use my phone on a carrying pouch...Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.