Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released the first beta of iOS 6.1 to developers. The beta has a build number of 10B5095f, versus 10A523 (10A525 for the iPhone 5) for the just-released iOS 6.0.1.

ios61beta.png
Apple mentions a number of changes and known issues, including several related to how developers can integrate Apple's new mapping service in their apps, as well as an improvement to how boarding passes are handled in Passbook, and a few minor changes to Safari.

Registered developers can download the beta via Apple's Developer page.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First iOS 6.1 Beta to Developers

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Does it

Bring back google maps?
Remove the tacky colour changing status bars?
Fix or bring back the old app store?
Bring back the cloud icons and ability to delete individual songs in itunes match?
Remove the facebook & twitter icons scattered around ios even though I'm not signed into either service in settings?

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
Does it

Bring back google maps?
Remove the tacky colour changing status bars?
Fix or bring back the old app store?
Bring back the cloud icons and ability to delete individual songs in itunes match?
Remove the facebook & twitter icons scattered around ios even though I'm not signed into either service in settings?

no, but Safari will be snappier

balconycollapse

Cancelled
Aug 7, 2003
Can anyone tell if there is any language in there about fixing Airplay.

Namely being able to stream the audio from a video on an iOS device / Apple TV to an Airplay speaker.

Doesn't work unless you change the content to "Music Video" in iTunes. Lame.

MacAddict1978

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2006
Lol. Well, no one has one yet, except for Apple.

Then I feel really bad for those suckers that Apple allowed to pre-order and buy it.

Unless we don't consider a whole new processor and under the hood changes a generation change...

macgeek727

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2011
Itunes Match

Can some post on here if they fixed itunes match yet.....im so sick of not having my single track download on IOS 6. They really need to fix it.....i didnt pay to download my whole album and have to stop each track from downloading.....they need to fix that!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.