Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 1, 2012, 08:26 PM   #51
smulji
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilliams View Post
I'm thinking that people will be able to walk in and get what they want without too much hassle tomorrow. I just can't see long lines for this release.
Fail! /s
smulji is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 08:33 PM   #52
mrobit
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by faroZ06 View Post
Halo 4? Goldeneye 64 or GTFO!
/kidding
GoldenEye 64, man. Those are some of my fondest memories. Makin' me feel all this nostalgia now.
mrobit is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 08:34 PM   #53
joelvega125
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveainone View Post
can we get this kid off the front page already? crist
Little jealous there, Richard.
joelvega125 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 08:49 PM   #54
hayden1250
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
New Zealand represent!
__________________
21.5 iMac Late 2012 iPad 4 Black iPhone 5S Black Apple TV 3
hayden1250 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 08:50 PM   #55
R0b
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
just got my iPad (4th Gen) delivered and i was looking around the box and on the back of the box it says it requires iTunes 11 or later (free download www.itunes.com/download).
R0b is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:08 PM   #56
tech4all
macrumors 68040
 
tech4all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: NorCal
Not sure if you're trolling but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrip View Post
So much for the fools who claim that the price is too high.
It is too high. And tomorrow in the U.S. there will be many "fools" spending more than what this iPad mini is worth. Sad really. Apple's turned their customers into zombies. "Must have Apple *drool*"

Tell me this iGrip, you're implying the iPad mini isn't over priced, right?

Ok let's compare the iPad mini to the Nexus 7:

==============================

CPU
iPad mini: dual core up to 1Ghz (can't find the exact speed)
Nexus 7: quad core 1.3Ghz

Winner: Nexus 7 - I know some will argue that the iPad mini's inferior display doesn't need a higher processor. Even if that were the case, they'd break even here.


RAM
iPad mini: 512MB
Nexus 7: 1GB

Winner: Nexus 7


Display
iPad mini: 7.9"; 1024x768; 164ppi
Nexus 7: 7"; 1280x880; 216ppi

Winner: Depends. iPad mini screen is almost an inch larger but has less resolution and PPI. But since the Nexus 7 has more pixels and higher pixel density, I think the Nexus is the winner even if that means a loss of just under an inch.

Storage
iPad mini: starts at $329 for 16GB
Nexus 7: starts at $199 for 16GB or $249 for 32GB

Winner: Nexus 7

==============================

Are you seeing a pattern here? The Nexus 7 beats the iPad mini in virtually every way. This isn't trolling, this is saying the facts. The only areas where the iPad mini beats the Nexus is that is has two cameras (front and rear) and a better, yet this is subjective, build quality. Now if those two features are worth at least an extra $80 to you, then go for it. But you will loose on the processing power, half the RAM, half the storage, and an inferior display (at least IMO).

And yes there will be those will argue for iOS and the apps. Apps are around 700,000 now for both Apple and Google. Apple's got the quality, yea, so if you wanna pay for that quality be my guest. For me the Play Store apps are great. Then there's iOS vs. Android. I put an equal value on those. People have their preferences, but I think it's ridiculous that Apple think they need to charge a premium to use iOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrip View Post
Apple is sold out with huge lines forming in every part of the world. If all that Apple cared about was profits, they could have priced it at $429 and made a killing. but the low price proves that Apple cares mostly about the User Experience and that profits just magically happen to appear due to their customer-first attitude.
LOL oh you are priceless. "If all that Apple cared about was profits, they could have priced it at $429 and made a killing." ALL companies care about making profit. Just some like to make more profit than others cause they've trained their customers well and they will buy ANYTHING with the on it. Apple could sell at a $100 ice cube to an Eskimo if they put the on it.

Why did Apple chose $329 and not $500 or $700 I don't know. But regardless anything over $249...maybe $299 is simply over priced.

Nobody said the iPad mini wasn't going to sell it out. In fact it WILL sell out tomorrow. That's obvious.


Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrip View Post
People wake up and go to work at Apple every day because they want to make others happy. They do not do it to make a paycheck. The do it to Change The World into a better place for other people.
Oh my you are a riot! LMAO! Yea they like what they do, but they don't love so much that they'd work for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrip View Post
But the Googley Fandroids will deny it because they hate Apple, and because they hate every single person who owns even one Apple product. They all just live in their parent's basement and spend all of their time changing screen savers on their Android devices. So sad.
Wow...dude you truly have no idea what you're saying. I like Apple and Google products so I'm neither an iFanBoy nor FanDroid. But I'm not afraid to point out when one has a product that isn't that great or is over priced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrip View Post
People who own Apple products buy them to actually do real work, and NOT to just play with them or to fight the OS to try to get rid of all the malware.
Your comments sound VERY niave man. Open your eyes a bit. Apple's great, but they're not perfect. Same with Google and Android. It's ok to admit that.

Time to open your eyes dude! <- like that

I hope you are trolling, because if you're that naive, then wow...just wow.
__________________
I use OS X because of Windows. And I use Android because of iOS.
tech4all is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:17 PM   #57
faroZ06
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrobit View Post
GoldenEye 64, man. Those are some of my fondest memories. Makin' me feel all this nostalgia now.
The sad part is that it's not nostalgic at all for me. I've been trying to get an N64 for a long time, and I finally have one now that it's 2012
faroZ06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:19 PM   #58
iGrip
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Send a message via ICQ to iGrip Send a message via AIM to iGrip Send a message via MSN to iGrip Send a message via Yahoo to iGrip Send a message via Skype™ to iGrip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post
I certainly wouldn't stand outside of their showrooms griping and screaming that they should lower their prices.
That's because you are an Apple kind of person. You have class. And taste.

You are a good person, unlike the horrible miscreants who own Android junk.
iGrip is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:21 PM   #59
faroZ06
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech4all View Post
Not sure if you're trolling but...



It is too high. And tomorrow in the U.S. there will be many "fools" spending more than what this iPad mini is worth. Sad really. Apple's turned their customers into zombies. "Must have Apple *drool*"

Tell me this iGrip, you're implying the iPad mini isn't over priced, right?

Ok let's compare the iPad mini to the Nexus 7:

==============================

CPU
iPad mini: dual core up to 1Ghz (can't find the exact speed)
Nexus 7: quad core 1.3Ghz

Winner: Nexus 7 - I know some will argue that the iPad mini's inferior display doesn't need a higher processor. Even if that were the case, they'd break even here.


RAM
iPad mini: 512MB
Nexus 7: 1GB

Winner: Nexus 7


Display
iPad mini: 7.9"; 1024x768; 164ppi
Nexus 7: 7"; 1280x880; 216ppi

Winner: Depends. iPad mini screen is almost an inch larger but has less resolution and PPI. But since the Nexus 7 has more pixels and higher pixel density, I think the Nexus is the winner even if that means a loss of just under an inch.

Storage
iPad mini: starts at $329 for 16GB
Nexus 7: starts at $199 for 16GB or $249 for 32GB

Winner: Nexus 7
As usual, it's good hardware with bad software that makes the good hardware useless. It reminds me of Crestron, Lutron, Dell, etc. And really, who needs >256MB of RAM and a dual-core 1GHz processor on a tablet??? Also, there's more to hardware than specs; the iPad mini has some hardware advantages that actually matter. The worse screen and lower storage are the only disappointments.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrip View Post
That's because you are an Apple kind of person. You have class. And taste.

You are a good person, unlike the horrible miscreants who own Android junk.
Would you say that anyone who buys from Samsung is a fool?

Last edited by faroZ06; Nov 1, 2012 at 09:33 PM.
faroZ06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:23 PM   #60
Jb07
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscrk View Post
The guy in the photo is really cute...

And the iPad looks beautiful
Glad I'm not the only one thinking that...
__________________
iPhone 5 - 32GB (2x), MBA 13"-2011, MBP 15"-2010
Jb07 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:28 PM   #61
maxwelltech
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Irvine, CA, USA
There will be long lines in the US, as usual.
__________________
Hackintosh w/ i7-4770K, 16GB RAM, 2x120GB SSDs, 1TB HDD, GTX 760; MacBook Pro 13 i7 (Mid 2012) w/ 240GB SSD; iPad 4 WiFi 32GB; HTC One 32GB AT&T
maxwelltech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:29 PM   #62
iGrip
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Send a message via ICQ to iGrip Send a message via AIM to iGrip Send a message via MSN to iGrip Send a message via Yahoo to iGrip Send a message via Skype™ to iGrip
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech4all View Post
LOL oh you are priceless. "If all that Apple cared about was profits, they could have priced it at $429 and made a killing." ALL companies care about making profit. Just some like to make more profit than others cause they've trained their customers well and they will buy ANYTHING with the on it. Apple could sell at a $100 ice cube to an Eskimo if they put the on it.

What Apple cares about is making great products for you and me. Period.

The profits are just a by-product of making great products. This is a well-established fact.
iGrip is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:30 PM   #63
faroZ06
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrip View Post
What Apple cares about is making great products for you and me. Period.

The profits are just a by-product of making great products. This is a well-established fact.
If they cared that much, my iMac G5 wouldn't suck major balls, and Apple would have sold it at 0 profit. It's really clear that you're trolling.
faroZ06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:32 PM   #64
I.Love.Apple
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrip View Post
What Apple cares about is making great products for you and me. Period.

The profits are just a by-product of making great products. This is a well-established fact.
"Great products" in 2012 can not have 512MB RAM. Period.
I.Love.Apple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:46 PM   #65
scoobydoo99
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: so cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatoneguy82 View Post
I thought I was the only one that noticed that.

But, I'm sure he's <18. So, now I feel dirty.
you definitely aren't the only one And I say he's 19. haha.
__________________
scoob
scoobydoo99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:47 PM   #66
nemaslov
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco
Well I decided to get another regular iPad. Think the mini is overpriced so I'd rather go full tilt. I could see if it was retna and the faster chip but 249 to 299 tops for what they made here. My first ever real Apple disappointment
__________________
Agent man
nemaslov is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:49 PM   #67
adder7712
macrumors 68000
 
adder7712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Anywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrip View Post
That's because you are an Apple kind of person. You have class. And taste.

You are a good person, unlike the horrible miscreants who own Android junk.
It's difficult for me to take this guy seriously now...
__________________
Custom PC (Windows 8.1), MacBook Aluminium (OS X Mavericks), iPad 3, Sony Xperia Z3, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
adder7712 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:56 PM   #68
DVK916
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
The build quality of the Nexsus vs Mini is not subjective. The Mini is made from high quality aluminium, the nexsus 7 is made from cheap plastic. That isn't subjective, is a FACT.
DVK916 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:59 PM   #69
adder7712
macrumors 68000
 
adder7712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Anywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVK916 View Post
The build quality of the Nexsus vs Mini is not subjective. The Mini is made from high quality aluminium, the nexsus 7 is made from cheap plastic. That isn't subjective, is a FACT.
Cheap plastic? LOL
__________________
Custom PC (Windows 8.1), MacBook Aluminium (OS X Mavericks), iPad 3, Sony Xperia Z3, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
adder7712 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:59 PM   #70
charlituna
macrumors G3
 
charlituna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscrk View Post
The guy in the photo is really cute...

And the iPad looks beautiful
This is an Apple site.

So it should be 'beautiful. And the jailbait is okay too'
charlituna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:05 PM   #71
DVK916
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by adder7712 View Post
Cheap plastic? LOL
It is, it is made of cheap plastic. The metal casing of the mini is more expensive to produce than the plastic casing of the nexsus.
DVK916 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:06 PM   #72
charlituna
macrumors G3
 
charlituna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveainone View Post
can we get this kid off the front page already? crist
Feeling a little

charlituna is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:08 PM   #73
AidenShaw
macrumors G5
 
AidenShaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Peninsula
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscrk View Post
The guy in the photo is really cute...

And the iPad looks beautiful
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post
This is an Apple site.

So it should be 'beautiful. And the jailbait is okay too'
Would it be tacky to compare his bulge to the bulge on the new Imac?

__________________
6 October 2014 - the day that the debate about marriage equality ended. And equality prevailed.
AidenShaw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:11 PM   #74
craigdmb
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Just got mine

Got my white 16 Gig WiFi from JB Hi Fi this morning. Comparing this to the Nexus 7 well you cant. My nexus 7 is a week old, bought it because it was cheap. This ipad is so familiar and easy to use and feels literally half the weight of the nexus tablet. Loving it.
craigdmb is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:13 PM   #75
Irock619
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA
Lol @ those who bought the iPad mini
__________________
MacBook Pro 15" 2011 (Yosemite) w/Crucial SSD, 8GB RAM iPhone 5s 32GB iTouch 3G iPad Mini Retina
Irock619 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad mini, fourth generation iPad at The Gateway, Salt Lake City benhollberg iPad Launch Meetups 9 Nov 1, 2013 01:10 AM
iPad Mini and Fourth-Generation iPad Have Most Responsive Tablet Touch Screens MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 77 Oct 10, 2013 12:20 PM
First Pre-Orders of LTE iPad Mini and Fourth-Generation iPad Models Arriving in U.S. MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 57 Nov 16, 2012 11:58 AM
Nexus 10 Reviews Hit the Web as Fourth-Generation iPad Sales Begin MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 310 Nov 7, 2012 04:22 PM
iPad mini, fourth generation iPad at Fashion Place, Murray, Utah benhollberg iPad Launch Meetups 0 Oct 28, 2012 07:59 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC