Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
New Features:

Improvements (fixes):
- Larger "Report a Problem" button
- New volume controls on lock screen when you double-press home button
- The Facebook icon in the action/share sheet has been updated to be the same as the Facebook app icon.

If you notice anything new in 6.1 or improved from iOS 6.0.1/6.0, post here.

Last edited:

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
When locked and playing music, the volume/controls are different
Maps has a giant Report A problem button

isoft7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2011
iOS6.1: Now with an even LARGER "Report a Problem" button! ...trust us, you'll need it!

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
x.1 updates have historically been much more significant than this. All we got so far is very minor UI updates?

*sigh* hope they add something worthwhile in beta 2, 3, etc.

NemesisNY

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2012
Some people have been getting dizzy/headaches due to sensitivity to noise canceling technology in the speaker. Does 6.1 have any options in settings to turn noise canceling off? (Other than the accessibility>hearing aid trick)

TheGreenBastard

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2012
Halifax
Some people have been getting dizzy/headaches due to sensitivity to noise canceling technology in the speaker. Does 6.1 have any options in settings to turn noise canceling off? (Other than the accessibility>hearing aid trick)

I've never even heard of said problem.

brianld

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Seattle
Album art on lock screen fixed

They corrected the crappy centering (or lack thereof) of the album art on the lock screen. See attached screenshot for an example.

Attachments

• IMG_0153.PNG
    IMG_0153.PNG
    714.8 KB · Views: 585

Hawtin

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2012
Eh? I literally don't have either the larger report button or the new volume controls :| and yes, I have updated.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
My god, even 5.1 was more significant than this. If I didn't remember wrongly, it introduced the fast camera access in the lockscreen (I consider this to be significant), face-detection for the 4S and a long list of stability improvements. Surely Apple can do better than just adding some minor UI changes? But then again, camera access for 5.1 only came at a later beta (can't remember which one), so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!

alexander25

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
My god, even 5.1 was more significant than this. If I didn't remember wrongly, it introduced the fast camera access in the lockscreen (I consider this to be significant), face-detection for the 4S and a long list of stability improvements. Surely Apple can do better than just adding some minor UI changes? But then again, camera access for 5.1 only came at a later beta (can't remember which one), so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!

And what exactly would you like to see them add then?

Don't say widgets because that would never come in a .1 update

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
And what exactly would you like to see them add then?

Don't say widgets because that would never come in a .1 update

I'm not saying that I expecting some ground-breaking changes in 6.1, maybe adding some new for users would be nice? What's the point of me suggesting what I think they should add? I don't have sky-high expectations, but I'm sure even you won't satisfied if the update only has 2 new changes as listed above...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.