Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 1, 2012, 08:20 PM   #1
bcooln
macrumors regular

how to transfer contact from samsung galaxy s2 to iphone 5

hi guy, just wondering how to transfer contact from samsung galaxy s2 to iphone 5, i tried to bluetooth it, but it doesn't work. the nano sim i used right now is new, just got it from tmobile. thanks in advance.
bcooln is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 08:37 PM   #2
aliciadear
macrumors member

back everything up to your google contacts then, http://support.google.com/mail/bin/a...&answer=138740
aliciadear is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 08:49 PM   #3
Givmeabrek
macrumors Demi-God

You have to back up your Samsung to something else first. Hopefully you are backing it up. Use Google, Hotmail, Outlook, Windows address book, any Exchange server. Something. Then sync with the iPhone.
Givmeabrek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:55 PM   #4
bcooln
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Givmeabrek View Post
You have to back up your Samsung to something else first. Hopefully you are backing it up. Use Google, Hotmail, Outlook, Windows address book, any Exchange server. Something. Then sync with the iPhone.
how to back up contact from samsung to google? thanks
bcooln is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2013, 06:04 AM   #5
Richal
Banned

Save them to your SIM and then use the Settings>Mail, Contacts and Calendars>Import SIM contacts option

Or if you have synced your contacts with Google or a Microsoft Exchange server

On your iPhone, open Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Tap Add Account and then select Microsoft Exchange. Enter your email address and login information. (If an Exchange server hosts your email, you'll also need to enter its domain; if you use Gmail, leave that field blank.) Enter a usernameóa valid name if youíre syncing with a real Exchange server, or your email address (if you like) if you use Gmail. In the Server field, enter the Exchange serverís address or m.google.com for Gmail. On the last screen choose what you want to import, and then tap Accept.
Richal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2013, 06:46 AM   #6
upnorth85
macrumors regular

To add to this, the data fields on the SIM card are fewer than on smart phones. So you can import phone numbers but might not be able to bring in other additional data in the address book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richal View Post
Save them to your SIM and then use the Settings>Mail, Contacts and Calendars>Import SIM contacts option

Or if you have synced your contacts with Google or a Microsoft Exchange server

On your iPhone, open Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Tap Add Account and then select Microsoft Exchange. Enter your email address and login information. (If an Exchange server hosts your email, you'll also need to enter its domain; if you use Gmail, leave that field blank.) Enter a usernameóa valid name if youíre syncing with a real Exchange server, or your email address (if you like) if you use Gmail. In the Server field, enter the Exchange serverís address or m.google.com for Gmail. On the last screen choose what you want to import, and then tap Accept.
upnorth85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2013, 04:17 AM   #7
Owenol38
macrumors newbie

Easy Phone Sync is a way easier way of transferring to Android if you've got a Samsung. did this yesterday myself, and it pulled all my contacts, messages, calendars, music, photos, videos and notes out of iTunes and organised them perfectly on my iPhone 4.

Last edited by Owenol38; Aug 14, 2013 at 01:23 AM.
Owenol38 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2014, 04:18 AM   #8
ethan12516
macrumors newbie

Lightbulb galaxy phone to iphone data transfer

Some guys published smartphone data transfer program, which lets you copy contacts from one phone to another. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBiTa7RISmk
ethan12516 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2014, 10:21 AM   #9
rambo47
macrumors 6502

I like setting up a Gmail account on the old phone, enabling calendar/contacts sync, and then setting up that same even on the new phone. All your contacts come streaming in.

The fly in the ointment with this method is custom labels. Google doesn't sync custom labels created in OSX/iOS very well.
rambo47 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2014, 02:53 PM   #10
garycoleman2
macrumors newbie

When I transferred my contacts from galaxy nexus to my iphone 5s, I converted them to .vcf
garycoleman2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2014, 05:52 AM   #11
sunking101
macrumors 68020

I write them all down on a piece of paper and then laboriously type them in. It seems daunting but was all done and dusted in an hour.
sunking101 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone