Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 1, 2012, 07:45 PM   #1
Turnpike
macrumors regular

Dangers of 4G LTE & GPS similar to Cellular waves?

I've always been afraid of excessive phone use because of the dangers (real or not) they talk about with cellular phones near your head....

Supposing there is such a thing as those cellular waves dangers, if I got an iPad Mini (which I realize only had GPS and data), I'm thinking to get the 4G LTE to use a lot with both internet and GPS (I walk a LOT, especially around the city) and would be having the iPad mini on all the time (for the GPS signal for my pedometer) while it's in my inside vest pocket.

You think there is anything to worry about in the same way of the cellular signals, having the 4G iPad mini on and close to me all day every day....? Or is cellular completely different than data & GPS?

Maybe it's a silly question, but I couldn't get anything that addressed this directly with Google, and I'm sure someone on here might know something, especially since this is so device-specific.

Thanks in advance!
Turnpike is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 07:47 PM   #2
matneh
macrumors member

Not a silly question, I wonder the same thing about my iPhone 5 that I'm thinking about keeping in my pocket at all times.
matneh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 02:20 AM   #3
Turnpike
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by matneh View Post
Not a silly question, I wonder the same thing about my iPhone 5 that I'm thinking about keeping in my pocket at all times.
Yes, keeping it on at all times with data running- not cell call on, but data/4G/GPS for voice note taking, pedometer, etc....

Anyone know or read about this before...?
Old Nov 3, 2012, 04:30 AM   #4
haoledoc
macrumors member

There's simply no convincing evidence that any of these waves are harmful. There are radio waves passing through your body at all times, regardless of what device is in your pocket. I wouldn't worry about it.
haoledoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:56 AM   #5
Turnpike
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by haoledoc View Post
There's simply no convincing evidence that any of these waves are harmful. There are radio waves passing through your body at all times, regardless of what device is in your pocket. I wouldn't worry about it.
But having the device on, and pressed against my chest/heart all day, every day? With GPS, LTE, 3G, that stuff...? I know its different being in the same room, but against your organs?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 01:00 AM   #6
AzN1337c0d3r
macrumors 6502

Light is an electromagnetic wave. Don't turn on your lights!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad