Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dahem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
hello programmers,

can anyone please identify what causes my springboard to crash randomly alot

http://pastebin.com/YDB8LXnU

It happens when i either get a phone call sometimes or when i drop NFC

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
It's because you have a jailbreaked device, and quite an old iOS version.

If you update to the latest iOS, and get rid of the jailbreak, I'm sure the crashes will go away.

Dahem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
It's because you have a jailbreaked device, and quite an old iOS version.

If you update to the latest iOS, and get rid of the jailbreak, I'm sure the crashes will go away.

That's not an answer...

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
That's not an answer...

It may not have been the answer you liked, but that doesn't mean it's the answer.

Your iPhone is running iOS 5.0.1. The curren version is 6.0.1.
Your iPhone has Cydia on it. That means its jailbroken.

I agree with Reason077 that unjailbreaking your device and upgrading it to the newest version of iOS will likely solve all your issues.

Dahem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
It may not have been the answer you liked, but that doesn't mean it's the answer.

Your iPhone is running iOS 5.0.1. The curren version is 6.0.1.
Your iPhone has Cydia on it. That means its jailbroken.

I agree with Reason077 that unjailbreaking your device and upgrading it to the newest version of iOS will likely solve all your issues.

I know that upgrading it will solve the issue but i'm trying to find out which program/theme/thing that is causing the crashes in the first place so that i won't use it again

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I know that upgrading it will solve the issue but i'm trying to find out which program/theme/thing that is causing the crashes in the first place so that i won't use it again

I'm not particularly great at reading/understanding crash reports, but here's the actual stack of interest:

Code:
Thread 1 name:  Dispatch queue: com.apple.libdispatch-manager
Thread 1 Crashed:
0   libsystem_kernel.dylib              0x339ed3b4 0x339ec000 + 5044
1   libdispatch.dylib                   0x37e21f74 0x37e1e000 + 16244
2   libdispatch.dylib                   0x37e21c92 0x37e1e000 + 15506

I'd say having something starting with com.apple crash is bad and not theme specific.

Anyways... I read an article on Android rooting a few months ago... I can't actually find it right now, but the takeaways from the article were:

1 - If you'd like your device to work, don't root it.
This can be expanding to iOS devices: If you'd like your iOS device to work, don't jailbreak it, and don't install beta software on it, either.

2 - If you need to ask for help when it breaks, don't root it.

And certainly don't ask developers. If Apple finds that a developer is aiding people in jailbreaking, they banish the developer from the app store. Further, some people jailbreak only to rip developers off. It's not everyone, but it's enough that we're generally hostile to them.

Rooting is not for everyone (I found a handful of handy dev tools are only available on Android if you root). Jailbreaking is for essentially no one (about the only people should do it are the incredibly nerdy that can take care of their own jailbroken devices and enjoy doing it.)

Now stop being silly, uninstall the jailbreaks and upgrade to iOS 6.0.1.

truehybridx

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2010

What do you mean "when i drop NFC"?

You have a lot of tweaks that might be messing with the same thing but you should go thru these and get rid of ones you especially dont need or use

BugFix_DuplicateIcons.dylib
BugFix_StuckPages.dylib
ClockHide.dylib
ColorKeyboard.dylib
Gridlock.dylib
IconSupport.dylib
Infinidock.dylib
PerPageHTML.dylib
SBSettings.dylib
SpringBoardAccess.dylib
Springtomize2
WinterBoard.dylib
WeeLoader.dylib

another option is to update to 5.1.1 (where most people are at the moment who care about jailbreaks) and rejailbreak.. but since its a 4S you would need redsn0w to RE-restore your phone and if you need an unlock you wouldnt be able to do it at all.

Dahem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
I'm not particularly great at reading/understanding crash reports, but here's the actual stack of interest:

Code:
Thread 1 name:  Dispatch queue: com.apple.libdispatch-manager
Thread 1 Crashed:
0   libsystem_kernel.dylib              0x339ed3b4 0x339ec000 + 5044
1   libdispatch.dylib                   0x37e21f74 0x37e1e000 + 16244
2   libdispatch.dylib                   0x37e21c92 0x37e1e000 + 15506

I'd say having something starting with com.apple crash is bad and not theme specific.

Anyways... I read an article on Android rooting a few months ago... I can't actually find it right now, but the takeaways from the article were:

1 - If you'd like your device to work, don't root it.
This can be expanding to iOS devices: If you'd like your iOS device to work, don't jailbreak it, and don't install beta software on it, either.

2 - If you need to ask for help when it breaks, don't root it.

And certainly don't ask developers. If Apple finds that a developer is aiding people in jailbreaking, they banish the developer from the app store. Further, some people jailbreak only to rip developers off. It's not everyone, but it's enough that we're generally hostile to them.

Rooting is not for everyone (I found a handful of handy dev tools are only available on Android if you root). Jailbreaking is for essentially no one (about the only people should do it are the incredibly nerdy that can take care of their own jailbroken devices and enjoy doing it.)

Now stop being silly, uninstall the jailbreaks and upgrade to iOS 6.0.1.

I'm sorry but an iPhone without a jailbreak is useless to me.
thanks for the help anyways.

What do you mean "when i drop NFC"?

You have a lot of tweaks that might be messing with the same thing but you should go thru these and get rid of ones you especially dont need or use

BugFix_DuplicateIcons.dylib
BugFix_StuckPages.dylib
ClockHide.dylib
ColorKeyboard.dylib
Gridlock.dylib
IconSupport.dylib
Infinidock.dylib
PerPageHTML.dylib
SBSettings.dylib
SpringBoardAccess.dylib
Springtomize2
WinterBoard.dylib
WeeLoader.dylib

another option is to update to 5.1.1 (where most people are at the moment who care about jailbreaks) and rejailbreak.. but since its a 4S you would need redsn0w to RE-restore your phone and if you need an unlock you wouldnt be able to do it at all.

thank you sir.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.