Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deathcab

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2009
I have a (relatively) simple question but couldn't find any information on it online.

I know you can check iPhone warranty status online by going to: https://expresslane.apple.com/ProductSelector.action

My question is, once a warranty is voided (i.e., water damage) and is taken to the store and the store declares the warranty is void and declines to repair it, will it show up online as being void / or expired or will it still show as valid online (if the one year hasn't run) but still get denied when you go to the store again??

I know that is a convoluted question but I am looking at buying a used iPhone and I am unsure of the history of it. I know that it is under warranty and that the warranty shows as valid online until May 2013 but I don't want to buy it under the assumption the warranty is valid but it really has been voided before or something (and I already checked the water sensors on it -- they are clean still)

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.