Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrew87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Like almost any Apple fan, I appreciate simplicity at it's purest form. I have a MacBook, an iPhone, an iPad and an HP Laptop for work and I want to have seamless integration among them when it comes to email, contacts, calendar (and then of course, reminders, notes, etc.) My email uses a Microsoft Exchange server and predominantly I use Outlook for my emails at work. I need your help in figuring out the simplest, most clean approach to having iCloud, Microsoft Exchange and Outlook work together. I'm sure many people have this ambition. How should I approach this? What's the best way? You help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

JoelBC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Like almost any Apple fan, I appreciate simplicity at it's purest form. I have a MacBook, an iPhone, an iPad and an HP Laptop for work and I want to have seamless integration among them when it comes to email, contacts, calendar (and then of course, reminders, notes, etc.) My email uses a Microsoft Exchange server and predominantly I use Outlook for my emails at work. I need your help in figuring out the simplest, most clean approach to having iCloud, Microsoft Exchange and Outlook work together. I'm sure many people have this ambition. How should I approach this? What's the best way? You help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

I have used a different approach...it is possible to setup Exchange Server so that your iPhone, iPad and presumably Mac [I do not yet own one] can sync without the use of iClould but -- to be clear -- your Exchange Server needs to be configured for this capability.

It works seamlessly and everything stays perfectly synced..

Joel

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.