Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Nov 2, 2012, 08:59 AM   #1
jrlepage
macrumors 6502a

i-Blason Gel Back Cover? (Or other Smart-compatible back cover?)

Was looking for a Smart Cover compatible back cover for my Mini (something basic) and found this on Amazon:

http://amzn.com/B009XCIQ52

Does anyone here know anything about this company or own one of these and a Mini already that can speak to the quality and whether it fits well? I like the idea of a flexible Gel cover, except that I worry that it may stretch or fit more loosely than a hard cover.

Btw I wish these companies wouldn't print their damn names in ugly font on the product.

[Edit: I guess they didn't start shipping these till Nov. 1 so maybe nobody has one yet.]
Old Nov 2, 2012, 09:03 AM   #2
glen e
macrumors 68030

wait for iblason's hard plastic cover coming in a few weeks , they make good product - have a couple of their hard backs...
glen e is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 08:53 PM   #3
dfine1966
macrumors regular

I was looking at these for my daughter's new iPad Mini. She bought the Smart cover, but was looking for back cover to coincide with it. This is the only back cover I have seen so far that says it works with smart cover. I bought a case, that is terrible, from Best Buy, that the magnet doesn't even work right. It will protect for now, but desperately looking for a better case for her that has magnetic cover and back protection.
dfine1966 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 08:55 PM   #4
glen e
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
I was looking at these for my daughter's new iPad Mini. She bought the Smart cover, but was looking for back cover to coincide with it. This is the only back cover I have seen so far that says it works with smart cover. I bought a case, that is terrible, from Best Buy, that the magnet doesn't even work right. It will protect for now, but desperately looking for a better case for her that has magnetic cover and back protection.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1482103
glen e is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 09:49 PM   #5
dfine1966
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen e View Post
Funny, funny, but when you have a 12 year old that used her own money to buy the mini, you want to make sure you protect it. That is why I bought a case from Best Buy today that covers both back and front, until a good case comes out. I have 30 days to return to Best Buy, which I will, since the Sleep/Wake magnet doesn't work at all. She also bought the smart cover, but haven't unwrapped it yet. Now hearing bad things about the magnets on that also. Hurry up and make some better cases, anyone?
dfine1966 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Tags
case, cover, i-blason, ipad mini, smart cover