Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
Was looking for a Smart Cover compatible back cover for my Mini (something basic) and found this on Amazon:

http://amzn.com/B009XCIQ52

Does anyone here know anything about this company or own one of these and a Mini already that can speak to the quality and whether it fits well? I like the idea of a flexible Gel cover, except that I worry that it may stretch or fit more loosely than a hard cover.

Btw I wish these companies wouldn't print their damn names in ugly font on the product.

[Edit: I guess they didn't start shipping these till Nov. 1 so maybe nobody has one yet.]

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
wait for iblason's hard plastic cover coming in a few weeks , they make good product - have a couple of their hard backs...

dfine1966

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011
I was looking at these for my daughter's new iPad Mini. She bought the Smart cover, but was looking for back cover to coincide with it. This is the only back cover I have seen so far that says it works with smart cover. I bought a case, that is terrible, from Best Buy, that the magnet doesn't even work right. It will protect for now, but desperately looking for a better case for her that has magnetic cover and back protection.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I was looking at these for my daughter's new iPad Mini. She bought the Smart cover, but was looking for back cover to coincide with it. This is the only back cover I have seen so far that says it works with smart cover. I bought a case, that is terrible, from Best Buy, that the magnet doesn't even work right. It will protect for now, but desperately looking for a better case for her that has magnetic cover and back protection.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1482103/

dfine1966

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011

Funny, funny, but when you have a 12 year old that used her own money to buy the mini, you want to make sure you protect it. That is why I bought a case from Best Buy today that covers both back and front, until a good case comes out. I have 30 days to return to Best Buy, which I will, since the Sleep/Wake magnet doesn't work at all. She also bought the smart cover, but haven't unwrapped it yet. Now hearing bad things about the magnets on that also. Hurry up and make some better cases, anyone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.