Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:41 AM   #1
kalikokyle
macrumors newbie

Dual monitor problem

I recently just bought a imac. And I have a set up with my samsung tv which is above the imac. Now i already went to the display option in sys pref and arraigned to show my imac is on the bottom and my second display is above the iMac.

Now I can move the mouse up to the second monitor.....However I can not move safari,tunes etc up. Is there anything I can do? It only seems to work when I move the arraignment to show its to the left or right of the iMac only then I can move safari, itunes etc to the second monitor
kalikokyle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 08:32 PM   #2
SR20DETDOG
macrumors regular

Maybe this is a silly question, but, have you tried dragging the window (for any application) all the way to the top? If yes, try resizing the window so it's significantly smaller than either display and try again.

I tried it with my dual displays and noticed that if the application window was quite large you would have to keep dragging it further for a while until it shifted over, also if the window is larger than the 2nd monitor it would not drag over at all.
Simply resizing the window so it was smaller made it shift straight over.

Hope this helps mate.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 02:53 PM   #3
911scanner
macrumors member

Another thing to try is dragging that window downward.

I know you mentioned that you already checked the monitor arrangement in the Display settings. Keeping that in mind, we are humans, and do make mistakes. It may be possible that the arrangement has the iMac on top of the extra display.

Just a thought...
911scanner is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac