Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Nov 2, 2012, 02:22 PM   #1
sZ1v
macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 home button not working

My iPhone 5 camera wasn't getting focus so i bought a new one from RepairsUniverse and replaced it what fixed the problem..
After reassembling the device the home button wasn't working properly, so i reopened the device to check the connections to see if something is wrong..
When i lifted the dock flex cable from the connector on the logic board i noticed that 2 pins on the connector were broken what caused the home button problem..

Will apple fix the device? Its got the basic warranty until september 2013
sZ1v is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 02:37 PM   #2
Tyler23
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by sZ1v View Post
My iPhone 5 camera wasn't getting focus so i bought a new one from RepairsUniverse and replaced it what fixed the problem..
After reassembling the device the home button wasn't working properly, so i reopened the device to check the connections to see if something is wrong..
When i lifted the dock flex cable from the connector on the logic board i noticed that 2 pins on the connector were broken what caused the home button problem..

If you have a warranty why didn't you have Apple fix the camera instead of doing the repairs yourself?

I doubt they'll fix the device since you messed with it rather than taking it to them in the first place.
Tyler23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 02:42 PM   #3
sZ1v
macrumors newbie

I live in israel.. I bought my iphone in the us (verizon gsm unlocked)
I will be next week in england so thought to give it a chance..
The iphone 5 hasnt arrived here yet so the reseller here idigital cant help me
sZ1v is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 02:59 PM   #4
Tyler23
macrumors 601

Unfortunate circumstance then. Take it to them when you're in England and explain your situation. Hopefully they'll be nice and help you out, but generally if it's been messed with (and not by them) they're pretty reluctant to fix the problems that arise.

Good luck!
Tyler23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 01:57 PM   #5
swains.mate
macrumors newbie

I recommend to try try again to get them to fix it for you, maybe one tech will do it.

You did void the warranty though and technically you are **** out of luck. But its still worth a shot, maybe you can get away with it.

I wonder, can they easily tell you pened the case? I mean i guess its pretty obvious, pins are bent and had this been a problem from the beginning you would not just be noticing it now.
swains.mate is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:51 PM   #6
blaake
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sZ1v View Post

If you take it there and just tell them that the button stopped working they are more than likely going to replace it without taking an inside look. Your only problem is going to be the origin of purchase. Good luck!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting