Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Closed Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 09:59 PM   #1
thelead
macrumors 6502

Whether you like the screen or not...

It's just YOUR opinion. Stop telling everyone else that it definitely sucks or that it's perfectly fine. It's fine to tell people your opinion but to call others liars because they do not share your opinion is about as ignorant as it gets. There is no right answer. Enjoy whichever iPad you prefer.
thelead is offline   7
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:01 PM   #2
ghsNick
macrumors 68000

Yeah I can honestly notice a difference since every apple product I've owned (other than my iMac) has had Retina Display. It's not a deal breaker and ill happily use this until they eventually put retina in it. The size/weight/form are more important to me.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:01 PM   #3
apierrec
Banned

Yes, we know and we established that in several existing threads already. What's the point in bringing this up in a new thread? To cause further pointless and endless debates?

I respect your opinion but let's merge this on the appropriate existing thread.
apierrec is offline   1
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:03 PM   #4
thelead
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by apierrec View Post
Yes, we know and we established that in several existing threads already. What's the point in bringing this up in a new thread? To cause further pointless and endless debates?

I respect your opinion but let's merge this on the appropriate existing thread.
The problem is that its popping up in nearly every single thread. Very annoying.
thelead is offline   1
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:07 PM   #5
apierrec
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelead View Post
The problem is that its popping up in nearly every single thread. Very annoying.
Agreed. I just saw a new thread. I think the OP of that most recent thread is suicidal about his/her non-retina purchase. So I guess we can forgive him. All e-OPINIONS are a*******.
apierrec is offline   0
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:20 PM   #6
redman042
macrumors 65816

I remember when people said Apple didn't offer enough choice in their product line. Now that they do, people still whine.

It's amazing isn't it?
redman042 is offline   1
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:41 PM   #7
aziatiklover
macrumors 68020

All i see are the 45 and up that whinning about their crappy eyes with the ipad mini! Dude seriously if you are old why not go straight with the bigger and better ipad.

Yet it was fine on the ipad 2!
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:13 AM   #8
Deasnutz
macrumors regular

i think the frustration comes from all the "my life is complete!" ... "high five omg!" headlines looking for a validation after they just dropped good coin on something which will clearly be obsolete in 7-12 months.
Deasnutz is offline   0
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:17 AM   #9
iHeartsteve
macrumors 6502a

Nice thread. The arguing is getting out of hand. Everyone has their own opinion and calling people jaded and liars bc they prefer a certain iPad is crossing the line.
MacBook Pro | 15 Retina Display
iHeartsteve is offline   0
Old Nov 3, 2012, 01:22 AM   #10
mcdj
Banned

Protecting stupid people from other stupid people on an internet forum is a losing proposition.
mcdj is offline   0
Old Nov 3, 2012, 01:26 AM   #11
iHeartsteve
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdj View Post
Protecting stupid people from other stupid people on an internet forum is a losing proposition.
Good point. A for effort though
Old Nov 3, 2012, 01:42 AM   #12
ixodes
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelead View Post
It's just YOUR opinion. Stop telling everyone else that it definitely sucks or that it's perfectly fine. It's fine to tell people your opinion but to call others liars because they do not share your opinion is about as ignorant as it gets. There is no right answer. Enjoy whichever iPad you prefer.
I do agree that the display is pretty bad for an Apple product. If we compare it to Apples current standard of quality it's downright unacceptable.

Apple has the capabilities to do better & that's what makes this bad screen so noticeable.

They seem to have forgotten to provide a benefit for the high price they charge.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 01:47 AM   #13
iHeartsteve
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixodes View Post
I do agree that the display is pretty bad for an Apple product. If we compare it to Apples current standard of quality it's downright unacceptable.

Apple has the capabilities to do better & that's what makes this bad screen so noticeable.

They seem to have forgotten to provide a benefit for the high price they charge.
Agreed again. I don't want to add anything else bc I don't feel like getting in another tech battle w everyone.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 03:44 AM   #14
stridemat

MOD NOTE

Please use one of the existing threads to discuss this topic.

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad