Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jv311

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Apple needs to add support for better multi-touch gestures. It seems that the only device that has gestures is the iPad. When I'm using my iPad 2 I hardly use the home button. Why? because a 4 finger swipe from the bottom reveals the multi-task bar. Using all 5 fingers closes the app I'm using. There's a few others that I'm missing. The point is, we need some gesture improvements. Months before the "new" iPad was released there had been rumors that Apple would do away with the home button. If they were to ever create a product without a home button the software would have to support everything that the button does, but through gestures. Sure, the iPad is much larger so it's easier to implement 3,4,5 finger gestures, but Apple has the potential to figure it out for the smaller devices.

On the iPhone/iPod touch one of the things they could do to reveal the multi-task bar is to swipe from the bottom edge of the screen. Much like the way we reveal Notification center.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
Apple needs to add support for better multi-touch gestures. It seems that the only device that has gestures is the iPad. When I'm using my iPad 2 I hardly use the home button. Why? because a 4 finger swipe from the bottom reveals the multi-task bar. Using all 5 fingers closes the app I'm using. There's a few others that I'm missing. The point is, we need some gesture improvements. Months before the "new" iPad was released there had been rumors that Apple would do away with the home button. If they were to ever create a product without a home button the software would have to support everything that the button does, but through gestures. Sure, the iPad is much larger so it's easier to implement 3,4,5 finger gestures, but Apple has the potential to figure it out for the smaller devices.

On the iPhone/iPod touch one of the things they could do to reveal the multi-task bar is to swipe from the bottom edge of the screen. Much like the way we reveal Notification center.

It will come, it will come. I feel the same.

brylliant

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom

I completely agree with everything you said.
I hope Apple will implement something like that for the multi-tasking bar. Hopefully Apple will kick up a gear now that the management have been shaken up.

albertsw

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2012
I agree. Whenever I press the home button I feel like it is the most delicate part of the device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.