Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

archangel890

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
Any mac tech savvy people I need a little help..

I had my HD crash so I went and bought a new one and installed it today and restored from a Time Machine back up everything seems to work except all the native applications that the OS usually has like iTunes, System Preferences Address Book, iCal, iPhoto etc etc all will not open at all and are now question marks on my dock.. iTunes I was able to fix by just downloading from the website but none of the others whenever I try to open them I get an error similar to this "You can't use this version of the application DVD Player with this version of Mac OS X. You have DVD Player 5.0.3." please help... It is weird because it seems that my folder that usually would be under my user name is missing like all the utilities and such.. I am so confused. The only way I can find them is by using spotlight to search for them and they are all in a "previous systems folder" and I can't seem to get all the correct updated versions of them back... They didn't restore when I did the Time Machine Restore...

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
What model machine and what version OS are you on? How did you restore from Time Machine after you put the new drive in? A normal Time Machine restore would put all those apps back. It sounds like maybe you did not do the restore properly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.