Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Nov 3, 2012, 06:33 AM   #1
asheng
macrumors newbie

Fusion Drive *May* be available in stores

Nothing confirmed but a sales guy in the Covent Garden, London Apple Store told me that the Fusion Drive option may not just be available as a BTO. He reckoned it was given such prominence that they may be stocking them in store.

Personally I'd be surprised but just thought it was interesting. He wasn't able to give any more detail as to what 'November' and 'December' mean. As usual they know as much as us.

Ashley
asheng is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 08:17 AM   #2
timcullis
macrumors member

I wouldn't be surprised if the sales of iMacs with Fusion drives are greater than those without, so it would be a good move.

I'm after the basic 2.9GHz 27" model with a 1TB Fusion drive (and with trackpad instead of mouse), and I'd even queue up outside the store if I could get it from stock.

Support guy in the White City store says he keeps up to date by checking out macrumors site.
timcullis is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 08:19 AM   #3
mac.ross
macrumors member

I'm wanting the high-end 27" with Fusion Drive.

I have a store about 10mins from me, would make life a lot easier.
mac.ross is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 09:59 AM   #4
CoreyLahey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by asheng View Post
Nothing confirmed but a sales guy in the Covent Garden, London Apple Store told me that the Fusion Drive option may not just be available as a BTO. He reckoned it was given such prominence that they may be stocking them in store.

Personally I'd be surprised but just thought it was interesting. He wasn't able to give any more detail as to what 'November' and 'December' mean. As usual they know as much as us.

Ashley
I was hoping for something like that, would be nice. But if the 680MX is offered at a good price, I'll want to go BTO anyways.
CoreyLahey is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac