Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Aug 1, 2009, 12:00 PM   #1
Sarahspriddy
macrumors newbie

"iPhoneunlockuk.com" AKA "Jody Sanders"!

I've been doing some reports on this website (iphoneunlockuk.com) and discovered modmyi this morning so I wanted to add my reports so users of this website could be informed in case they didn't already know. I realize that most of you here probably already know how to unlock/jailbreak your iPhone on your own without any kind of technical support, but just in case...

So I purchased a "iphoneunlockuk.com" subscription a few months ago and I have to let everyone know that it was a total waste of money! I honestly believed that I needed THEIR support and knowledge, 'holding my hand' so to speak to get my phone unlocked and jailbroken. Then I see complete guides like here on macrumors.com that 'hold my hand' and walk me through step by step but they don't charge to do it! Ugghhh!...

My main problem with iphoneunlockuk.com is that "Jody Sanders" (btw is this a girl or a dude?) and his/her team ignores customers emails. I have been emailing them for weeks now with technical support questions, etc and get totally ignored by them! Personally I think they are full of **** and after reading up on everything they are total thieves! The software they provide is the same as the dev-team, they just 'personalize it' to make it look like they did all the work lol-honestly why hasn't someone been able to get this company shut down by now? All the dev-team needs to do is report them to PayPal for starters and get all the charges that customers have paid for charged back...that will for sure get "Jody Sanders" blood boiling!

Personally, I'm going to be contacting my credit card company this morning and filing a charge back to get my money back! These people are a total scam and a fraud, I have paid (almost 40 dollars US after converted to UK) and what am I getting out of it? I'll tell you...ignored emails and ZERO service from these *******s!

I now know that I don't need "iphoneunlockuk.com" to assist me with my iPhone. Well correction, they don't assist me they ignore me. But I know that I can do this process on my own now with websites like macrumors.com, there is no need to pay these scammers a dime!

Now the everyone still wants to know if "Jody Sanders" is a chick or a dude? Come on...someone tell us!

**** YOU IPHONEUNLOCKUK...KARMA IS A BITCH...DON'T SAY WE DIDN'T WARN YOU!!!
Sarahspriddy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2009, 02:33 PM   #2
Snide
macrumors 6502a

Jody Saunders' pic, as posted in the hackingtosh thread - to which the cretin posted 107 times:

His comment on the photo:

"That's me - the jock! Handsome or WHAT?"

(Looks and sounds like 100% douchebag)

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/f127/44289-23.htm

Page 1 of thread, in which several Dev-Team members call him out for stealing their work:

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/f127/44289.htm
Snide is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2009, 02:35 PM   #3
UngratefulNinja
macrumors 68000

That sucks I'm sorry that happened to you, but good that you posted that because other people who are also unknowledgeable about jailbreaking or unlocking will benefit from seeing this
UngratefulNinja is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2009, 02:42 PM   #4
xUKHCx
Administrator emeritus

Unfortunately this is not the first thread we have had about this person

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=564204

And the dev team posted about him twice

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/search/jody+sanders

Best of luck with getting your money back. Sorry to hear about this.
xUKHCx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2009, 02:51 PM   #5
Snide
macrumors 6502a

The guy is about as scummy as a scumbag can get:

iPhone unlocker tempts customers with fake Guardian endorsement
Snide is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2009, 02:54 PM   #6
mac2thefuture
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to mac2thefuture
I feel stupid too. I used them for my 1st Gen and more recently for my 3GS.
And guess what, I was so naive I paid them to unlock and jailbreak in both instances, even when my existing sim was already with o2. I didn't realise but did they tell me otherwise - NO.
They don't assist very well either - scam, they got me good.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 08:06 AM   #7
BFizzzle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by akufu View Post
I hate to bring an old thread back to life, but Jody Sanders is back in the form of OfficialiPhoneUnlock.co.uk.

You can see how I found out: http://akufu.com/officialiphoneunlock-jody-sanders/
yes release the emails
BFizzzle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 08:44 AM   #8
BFizzzle
Banned

Quote:
They have been uploaded.

I have removed his mobile number for obvious reasons.
thanks for the good read
Quote:
And obviously don't publish it, because then you will be lowering yourself to their level - nothing but precocious little children
LMFAO..
Old Dec 3, 2012, 08:51 AM   #9
BFizzzle
Banned

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the iPhone Dev Team are more then children :P
yeahh i think his idea of adults are scamming people out of money. oh well

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone