Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 8, 2012, 04:11 PM   #126
F123D
macrumors 68040

Location: Rootmetrics.com Verizon 96.7 | AT&T 96.6 | T-Mobile 96.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebuano1976 View Post
"Very rare." A little exaggerated, don't you think? Anyone older than 26 y.o. uses it with one hand.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:47 PM   #127
MattMJB0188
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalexn View Post
perfect? haha, not quite. That phone is WAY too big. To me it is like a mini tablet.
Then I'd hate to know what you think of the Samsung Galaxy Note II then.
MattMJB0188 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 08:50 PM   #128
kalexn
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
Then I'd hate to know what you think of the Samsung Galaxy Note II then.
haha, my boyfriend's dad has it. Way too big!
kalexn is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 08:55 PM   #129
F123D
macrumors 68040

Location: Rootmetrics.com Verizon 96.7 | AT&T 96.6 | T-Mobile 96.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalexn View Post
haha, my boyfriend's dad has it. Way too big!
Your boyfriends dad seems like a wise man.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:14 PM   #130
BrokeTechLover
macrumors regular

For me the 3.5" screen is perfect. I hate big phones & think I'd look stupid carrying a 4"+ phone around. If apple continued to make screen sizes bigger,I may never get a phone newer than the 4S
BrokeTechLover is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:17 PM   #131
ZacT94
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
Yes, we do. The iPhone 5 feels extremely crowed. Wish they'd release a 4.3" iphone like the perfect Samsung Galaxy S II.
No that's too small. We need one with a 5-5.5" screen like the note and note 2.
ZacT94 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:24 PM   #132
Awakener
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediZenMaster View Post
It's a slippery slope. Options are cool however do we want to see apple turn into Samsung where they have 7 or 8 different versions of the galaxy

If anyone remembers one of the things that Hurt apple was actually extending their product line to the point where it was confusing

Which was on in the list of many things that nearly killed apple
As iPhone gets thinner 4.5" will be perfect.
iPad 7.9" and iPad 9.7" should disappear for 8.9".
Awakener is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:55 PM   #133
JetBlack7
macrumors 68000

Please don't...
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:56 PM   #134
donrsd
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by F123D View Post
One handed use is overrated.

LOL

I used a SG3 yesterday for about an hour, what a beautifully sized screen.

CMON APPLE....4.8" is perfect (and its 16:9)!!!

Quote Me So I Am Notified
donrsd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:26 PM   #135
shenfrey
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewitt View Post
No, we don't.
Man of few words speaks the truth.
Apple TV (2012), IPhone 5, iPad (4th Gen)
shenfrey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:37 PM   #136
sfjava
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewitt View Post
No, we don't.
Agree! I don't want a bigger phone, my pocket pant won't fit.
sfjava is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:30 PM   #137
tegedrex
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfjava View Post
Agree! I don't want a bigger phone, my pocket pant won't fit.
Then stop wearing skinny jeans
tegedrex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:47 PM   #138
cnguyen0320
macrumors regular

I'd enjoy a bigger screen. We shouldn't venture into 5" territory, thats why they made the iPad mini. The 4" was GREAT as an upgrade. I was skeptical at first because it was only .5 and inch but really it was great. However, by failing to expand the width a little bit, typing is a bit difficult. In landscape mode, I get about half and inch of height of text after top borders and bottom keyboard. I'd also really love to see a suggestion bar on top of the keyboard and that would require more space.

Anyway, don't change the height of the phone, it's perfect. Widen it a little bit for more usable functions. Maybe thin out bezels to keep the 16:9 ratio though.
cnguyen0320 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:46 PM   #139
Prime85
macrumors 6502a

I love my 4" screen. Why do I need a bigger screen? Isn't that what my MBP or iPad is for?

Also do really really need this many threads about the same subject? If you like android and want to bash the iPhone then go to the android forums. They like to do that to make them feel better about themselves.
Prime85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:55 PM   #140
bushman4
macrumors 65816

Larger screen may be advantagious for some things but NOT for others. Its truly a case of personal preference.
bushman4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:09 AM   #141
Fattytail
macrumors 6502a

I personally think another 0.3" wouldn't hurt one handed usability and would improve usability for all other functions. To be honest, I don't even think the Note 2 is too big. I'd definitely pick up an iPhone of that size.
Fattytail is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:37 AM   #142
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushman4 View Post
Larger screen may be advantagious for some things but NOT for others. Its truly a case of personal preference.
Your last two words are of paramount importance, because everything boils down to that.
Beeplance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:38 AM   #143
SomeDudeAsking
macrumors 65816

As I've said before, I think the Galaxy Note 2 can be bigger. It's normal size for me now and iPhones look like cheap kids toys to me now. I have no doubt that the next Galaxy Note will have a larger screen.
SomeDudeAsking is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:46 AM   #144
hyteckit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKatta View Post
I know the big selling point of the 3.5/4" screen is one-handed use but with Siri and the fact that I dont text-and-drive then I dont find many situations in which I MUST type with one hand. So the iPad Mini has convinced me that a bigger iPhone would work out fine. (Just as long as they keep the smaller ones for those who want it)
Or get a dumb phone and carry around your iPad mini?
hyteckit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:35 AM   #145
swervinsuburban
macrumors regular

I surfed the web just fine on my 4 and even better on my 5, I like the size of the 5 as it has more screen but is also portable and fits in your pocket an option for a larger phone would be nice though because some people may like that, I feel like that could only increase their sales.
swervinsuburban is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:12 AM   #146
Aniseedvan
macrumors 6502

I know i'm in the minority but i have seen someone else mention it on here, but i have switched from android to iphone because i wanted a high end phone that wasnt the size of the s3 or note.

The o/s is less of an issue than it was; the portability of my phone is personally more important than how quick i can type on it.

But that's just me...
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:30 AM   #147
deannnnn
macrumors 68000

Browsing MacRumors makes it seem like such a huge percentage of iPhone owners want a bigger screen, while that's simply not true... they're just ALL on this forum. If you took a poll of all iPhone users in the country or the world, you'd find that the vast majority do not support a screen increase.

I have never, literally never, met somebody outside of this website who wants a larger screen on the iPhone. And most of my friends have iPhones.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:01 AM   #148
VandyChem2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDudeAsking View Post
As I've said before, I think the Galaxy Note 2 can be bigger. It's normal size for me now and iPhones look like cheap kids toys to me now. I have no doubt that the next Galaxy Note will have a larger screen.
I think it depends on what you use your phone for the most. I like using my phone as a way to call other people. Holding something the size of a brick next to my ear is neither comfortable or practical.
VandyChem2009 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:01 AM   #149
SomeDudeAsking
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannnnn View Post
Browsing MacRumors makes it seem like such a huge percentage of iPhone owners want a bigger screen, while that's simply not true... they're just ALL on this forum. If you took a poll of all iPhone users in the country or the world, you'd find that the vast majority do not support a screen increase.

I have never, literally never, met somebody outside of this website who wants a larger screen on the iPhone. And most of my friends have iPhones.
Most iPhone users don't even know how to reboot their phone. The knowledgeable power users are the ones that want larger screens and whose opinions matter more.
SomeDudeAsking is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:22 AM   #150
IFRIT
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.ross View Post
Everyone will say it's a stupid idea until Apple release it, then all of a sudden it's the best thing ever and they are so brilliant for doing it, it's so revolutionary, innovative, yada, yada.

Just like the iPad mini.
Exactly right, people also used to admire the weight of the iPhone4 and that light phones felt cheap that was until the 5 came out.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenhall View Post
I don't want a bigger phone. I loved the 3,7'' on the 4 and I enjoy the 4'' as well. Samsung Galaxy SII och SIII is just obnoxious. Difficult to hold and use with one hand. At least for us with normal sized hands who are under 7 feet.
A third of an inch makes takes a phone screen from enjoyable to obnoxious... i mean get a grip.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannnnn View Post

You must be god if you can read every person's mind in the entire world.
IFRIT is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone