Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini

Old Nov 3, 2012, 09:11 AM   #1
Molson1020
macrumors member

Thinking of selling MBP for a mini and an iPad... thoughts?

So I have a 17" Macbook Pro that I bought in early 2011 for freelance creative work. Since then I've been hired on with a company who has supplied me with a 17" MBP to work with.

I am thinking of selling my MBP and replacing it with a new mini and an iPad. My question, does the new base mini (with upgraded ram of course) stand up to my 2011 MBP? Would it be faster? Slower?

I'll mainly be doing web/email, Photoshop, and ripping my DVD/Bluray collection (I have a BluRay drive).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Molson1020 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:16 PM   #2
Snowcake
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molson1020 View Post
So I have a 17" Macbook Pro that I bought in early 2011 for freelance creative work. Since then I've been hired on with a company who has supplied me with a 17" MBP to work with.

I am thinking of selling my MBP and replacing it with a new mini and an iPad. My question, does the new base mini (with upgraded ram of course) stand up to my 2011 MBP? Would it be faster? Slower?

I'll mainly be doing web/email, Photoshop, and ripping my DVD/Bluray collection (I have a BluRay drive).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Are you aware about the HDMI issues with the Mac Mini? Black screens, light colors are not shown, icc profiles doesn't work and thats the same with manual calibration. Some displayports have the same problem to.
Snowcake is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini