Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nicolecat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
Day 2...and it blue screens while watching a movie.
Not happy.

Managed to hard reset by holding power and home button...lets just say I hope it doesn't happen again.

Happen to anyone else yet?

Nicolecat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
So, this happened again this morning. Has anyone else had this issue?

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
No problems with my mini so far and yes I have watched a few movies on it. You might consider an exchange while you still have time.

Nicolecat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
Here's one.
It's basically unresponsive unless you hold the power button and home button at the same time for a few seconds.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 203

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
Apple devices don't blue screen... they have Kernel Panics (grey screen with white writing). That's only Macs though. I don't think iOS devices do that, they just restart. Next time it happens take a picture please

Nicolecat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
I posted a pic I took this morning...the pixels at the top look like they were trying to establish the menu bar...but they are just random colored pixels. Dang phone got the rug behind in focus.
Will take a better pic if it happens again.

Quantus

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2012
I've noticed that my Mini crashes a lot more than my iPad 3, but no blue screens.

jonfarr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2012
Portland
I posted a pic I took this morning...the pixels at the top look like they were trying to establish the menu bar...but they are just random colored pixels. Dang phone got the rug behind in focus.
Will take a better pic if it happens again.

Just take it back and exchange it. Are you watching videos from the built in video app, or a 3rd party app?

Nicolecat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
The first time it happened I was using Netflix. This morning I was just refreshing a poll website, trying to pull up the presidential popular vote results.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
Exchange it.

My first ipad 4 locked up from time to time. Replaced it and so far so good after several days. My ipad 1 never crashed or locked up once in over two years. (Well, individual programs did of course...)

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Stop discussing it with people in here and go exchange for a new one. You are entitled to it since its just second day, right? Why waste time get an answer in here.

If it happen again with new unit then return and get ur money back.

Nicolecat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
Took it in, showed the picture...and swapped.
The new unit came from a non-descript brown box, that shipped same day as the initial launch shipment. Apple, always prepared...lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.